Abandoned Ford Mondeo on Snake Pass???

has anyone checked that the driver didn't get out for an urgent call of nature a week ago and his body has lied undisturbed on the other side of the wall after suffering a heart attack.

Quick, somebody check before the sheep start eating his face.

has anyone checked that the driver didn't get out for an urgent call of nature a week ago and his body has lied undisturbed on the other side of the wall after suffering a heart attack.

Quick, somebody check before the sheep start eating his face.

What a horrible thought! Seriously- someone ought to inform the police so they can be sure it's not someone who pulled off the carriageway whilst ill and then died somewhere.

usually takes a week b4 cops realise it needs movin then another week to arrange it to be moved..

the police are aware, whether there is a sticker on it or not, because i passed on monday evening at about 7pm and there was a copper there. from the way its stopped, its not been deliberately placed there. i'm surprised its still there though, nearly a week later!

with regards to speeding on snake pass -- when did that 30 zone appear? was it just during the resurfacing or has it always been there and i've just missed it?

yep still there,i rode past today and saw it,

looks like someone has pulled in for a phone call rather than park it properly,

its rather odd its not beed stripped before now :rolleyes:

i should be going back over by next week...il get some pics of it :hihi:

JJ..

we went by this morning it is still there

yep still there,i rode past today and saw it,

looks like someone has pulled in for a phone call rather than park it properly,

its rather odd its not beed stripped before now :rolleyes:

i should be going back over by next week...il get some pics of it :hihi:

JJ..

Pictures sound like a good idea, surprised we have had some already.

Is it still there!!

Saw it about 3 weeks ago

Thought it would have gone by now

Oh well, ill probably see it on my way to Manni 2mrw

I think it's another Reggie Perrin

Keep an eye out, if a Grot shop opens in town selling square hula hoops you know where it all began.

Anyone who drives over the speed limit on any part of the Snake deserves fining at the least. It's not a forgiving road and the chances are the speeding idiots will hurt/kill someone else who wasn't doing anything wrong.

Not necessarily true. A powerful car can overtake more safely than a slower one, as it is "exposed to danger" on the opposite side of the road for less time. This may mean that the speed limit is exceeded for a short time. Illegal, yes, but not dangerous if executed correctly. Certainly far safer than the idiots I've seen trying to overtake on the uphill sections in a car completely unsuited to the task and not able to get back in before the double white lines start again!

That section as you drop down off the top of the moor coming back to sheffield is great (where the sandstone wall is). You have a clear view for about 3/4 mile and can overtake all the way down, including, IIRC, on the bridged corners.