Abandoned Ford Mondeo on Snake Pass???

Anyone else noticed this silver 'Y' reg mondeo thats strangely parked on the long straight past Hollow Meadows(near the cattery). Its been there for a couple of weeks as i been monitoring it whilst doing Manchester airport runs. Wonder what the story is.

I assume it doesn't have any "Police Aware" stickers on? Is it there at all times of the day?

When I used to work for Toyota I was at their training place in Nottingham one day and driving round one of their test circuits around the city. Our convoy used to stop at a laybay to pick up the stragglers, and one of us asked a question about a Merc E-class that was always parked there. Apparently the owner used to abandon his car there and car-share into the city with someone every day.

Maybe it's something as simple (if slightly ridiculous given that it's effectively in the middle of nowhere) as that?

If in doubt, ring the law and get them to plaster it in fluorescent stickers!

No this is proper abandened, its rear is sticking out into the carrageway, seems strange however that it doesnt have police aware stickers. I drive past most days and it has been there around two weeks, nice looking thing too, not usual abandenment sort.

Very odd. Not the sort of place you decide to park your car up and walk the rest of the way!

Might be worth a call to the feds in case it's stolen/abandoned or something.

Maybe it's installation art though. Is it parked in a rakish manner evocative of mankind's struggle for survival against an ultimately inhospitable Mother Nature?

Or has it just been nicked?

Are the tyres any good? :)

is it a commuter avoiding the broomhill residence parking?

d

Is it parked in a rakish manner evocative of mankind's struggle for survival against an ultimately inhospitable Mother Nature?

Or has it just been nicked?

It doesn't look like its been nicked. I just can't believe the feds haven't taken it as it does slightly protrude onto the road making it an obstacle.

Maybe I can ask my good friend the camera partnership van(who is always on snake pass guaranteed in the morning) to report it as he does nothing else apart from generating money from commuters :o:thumbsup:

Actually I know of a similar case where an alcoholic man had a colision on the snake pass ( involving no other vehicles ) and locked up the car and scarpered to hide at his friends house for a few days. Because he didn't want to be brethalysed. Eventually he was sober enough to safely pick up the car and organise its recovery, without a risk of losing his licence.

It could be an alco who has run out of petrol and decided to leve the car there where it ran off the road, and sort it out in a few days.. Or try and get a friend to sort it eventually.

Silver mondeo muddy?

You looked through yer curtains lately? :hihi:

Silver mondeo muddy?

You looked through yer curtains lately? :hihi:

Don't worry MrT is still their guarding my front entrance :wink:

Knew i'd parked it somewhere up there :roll:

is it a commuter avoiding the broomhill residence parking?

d

That is one hell of a walk!