The Deep End pub in Hillsborough - to reopen as The Rawson Spring (Wetherspoon).

I went in on Sunday, bar service was slow, food service was reasonable.

Food itself was rather bland and a smaller portion than I expected (compared to other weatherspoons), but edible and pretty cheap. My plate wasn't completely clean though, bit of something not cleaned off around one side.

For some reason they kept putting the music on, turning it up until it was painful and then shutting it off again, we left after they'd done that 2 or 3 times.

been a few times recently and have really enjoyed it! its good that bura (hillsborough) has got a decent waterin hole where u can avoid all the silly little girls and boys that go in the Blue Ball haha!!! (i used to go in i admit!) and the sun terrace is gorg on a warm evenin- apart from havin to reach over and switch on the heat lamps every 5 mins but apart from that its good! i love the pear cider they have there and have not eaten there yet but will no doubt ;)

Called in unplanned on my way home from some proper boozers on Friday night and the place was heaving with loud music playing. :gag:

Things seemed to have quitened down in there now, at least it was pretty calm on Monday and plenty of free seating. Sat outside last week and had a curry, have to to say it was reasonably pleasant.

Went in Tuesday night with my son and sister for something to eat before the Wednesday match.

Admittedly it was early, just after 5pm so it was quite empty.

No complaints about the service or the food on this occasion and will be trying it again.

Well been in a few times now and gotta say(& I wonder if other real ale connoisseurs will agree with me) that the real ale is not up to standard? I've taken a couple if drinks back to the bar already.

The ale just seems way too cold for my liking,don't get me wrong,I like the place,its just my point of view and wondered what others thought.... Meaks? Andy C?......

To be honest the beer I've had hasn't too been bad at all. Nothing special either, although I've not had to take a bad pint back (yet). I agree it has been too cold, but unfortunately this seems the norm in Wetherspoons. A couple of times they have tried to give me very short pints with lots of head, but have been fine when asked for a top up. Some of the random descriptions on the blackboard are quite amusing - since when has Pedigree been a session beer? :D

Called in this evening on my way home and they only had a few ales on, but I suspect this might have something to do with the cheap beer night on Wednesday. There is a new Curry Club menu which looked fairly appealing.

Are they going to get in the Good Beer Guide? I doubt it.

Is it an acceptable pint of ale for the money? Definitely.

Are they going to get in the Good Beer Guide? I doubt it.

Is it an acceptable pint of ale for the money? Definitely.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Think we'll try the curry club next, seeing as we have let the kitchen get up and running before trying it. :smile:

Went in last night for a birthday bash, and thoroughly enjoyed it

Went in for the first time for lunch today and was not impressed - dirty tables with used plates on them. Ordered some food for myself and friend - what came was not what i ordered - i was asked is it okay if you have it instead?? to which i replied no if i had wanted it i would have asked for that!! My meal came eventually after my friend had already eaten his - this time without the side order i had ordered. Needless to say i shall not be going back there again.

Went in for the first time for lunch today and was not impressed - dirty tables with used plates on them. Ordered some food for myself and friend - what came was not what i ordered - i was asked is it okay if you have it instead?? to which i replied no if i had wanted it i would have asked for that!! My meal came eventually after my friend had already eaten his - this time without the side order i had ordered. Needless to say i shall not be going back there again.

Can't say as I am surprised, I have yet to find a Wetherspoon's bar that isn't the same. Never had a good experience foodwise at any of them.:rant: