The Deep End pub in Hillsborough - to reopen as The Rawson Spring (Wetherspoon).

Why don't they invite some select forummers from this thread to practice serving drinks to? Then, later in the evening, they can sharpen up their customer service skills when we are all drunk and lairy, then the bouncers can practice throwing us out. Everyone's a winner!

* puts hand up *

Me! Me! :clap:

Of course we would need to test a selection of beers, spirits and wine. For staff training purposes of course.

Absolutely for staff training only. I would also think that the kitchen staff would benefit from serving a selection of nosh. Y'know give hints on presentation and that kinda thing.

perhaps they have a flat upstairs where we could all sleep it off... :)

No they weren't! Might have looked like they were with all the activity going on though. :)

lol!!!!i tell you this sunday they will open the doors!!!:cool:

So does this mean we can go for our Sunday lunch?

(* you're buying Freebird :P )

Why don't they invite some select forummers from this thread to practice serving drinks to? Then, later in the evening, they can sharpen up their customer service skills when we are all drunk and lairy, then the bouncers can practice throwing us out. Everyone's a winner!

Where do I sign? I'm always happy to volunteer my time to worthy community based causes such as this.

That's the 'official' line now too! Sunday it is. :thumbsup:Probably...

Had a peek in tonight, it looks huge!

That's the 'official' line now too! Sunday it is. :thumbsup:Probably...

Had a peek in tonight, it looks huge!

stick wi me kid!!!! ;)

got invited to the beer tasting....its on tomoz,fri n sat 12-6......vip's only though...(now why dint they invite the sheffield forum people....im sure we all know more about beer than they do!!)now the question is do i really wanna go with all the reps,brewerys etc?and its free......hmmm let me think!!!

You're just showing off now! :mad:;)

My invite is probably in the post...

:hihi:

stick wi me kid!!!! ;)

got invited to the beer tasting....its on tomoz,fri n sat 12-6......vip's only though...(now why dint they invite the sheffield forum people....im sure we all know more about beer than they do!!)now the question is do i really wanna go with all the reps,brewerys etc?and its free......hmmm let me think!!!

VIP and wetherspoons ? Is there such a thing! I am very upset I didn't get a VIP invite to a wetherspoons opening, guess ill just have to wait till it opens, such excitement, i wonder if it will be just like the rest up and down the country, corporate and characterless selling microwaved food and cheap beer.

You're just showing off now! :mad:;)

My invite is probably in the post...

:hihi:

me show off?!!never!!!!:rolleyes:

yeah i think your invite is in the post!!!:roll:

I was gonna update but looks like I'm a bit late really...

I saw about 7 or 8 staff members all huddled around the back doors on Walkley Lane yesterday, in uniform (black polo shirts, black trousers??), having a fag.

Got to be very nearly there now. :)