The Deep End pub in Hillsborough - to reopen as The Rawson Spring (Wetherspoon).

The spring kept 21 underground tanks filled with over half a million gallons of water.

Is that where they're going to store the beer?

Should we have a forum meet there to christen it? :D

The Rawson Spring:-

Might I just add, I work at LLoyds No1 bar in Norwich which is owned outright by J D Wetherspoons, and I have access to the Company Intranet which holds vital information about the new pub opening.

According to the site, Wetherspoons have submitted an application to the council for the erection of a smoking shelter to the rear of the premises, the planning is currently under consideration, but the company have delayed opening in hope of a quick application being processed, and a smoking shelter being erected before opening

All the Best and Up The Blades

Rawson Spring

The barracks had its own water supply, fed from the nearby Rawson Spring on the facing hillside towards Walkley. The spring kept 21 underground tanks filled with over half a million gallons of water.

:D all nicked from said tinternet ;)

Ahem... :P;)

According to the site, Wetherspoons have submitted an application to the council for the erection of a smoking shelter to the rear of the premises, the planning is currently under consideration, but the company have delayed opening in hope of a quick application being processed, and a smoking shelter being erected before opening

Its no secret, all the planning permission details are here:

http://planning.sheffield.gov.uk/publicaccess/propdb/property/property_history_summary.aspx?module=P1&lpikeyval=00CEGENYDT000&blpukeyval=006HBENYDT000

anyone know when its due to open?

Monday 23rd July is when it opens.

Yep - the 23rd is the latest opening date according to JDWs.

Plenty of time for that to change again...

Do we need to start queuing now iPhone-styley? ;)

JD Wetherspoons are getting in early. Postie dropped off some marketing with the mail this morning, vouchers of beers, vouchers off food :roll:

all valid until September. Looks like they want to get the place full quickly.

they've even got a bogof offer on walkers crisps :hihi:

A mate of mine got some as well..

:hihi::hihi: I did say I nicked it

I was the one who came and had a nosy through the door window of Weatherspoons when you were in the doorway last Sunday... :wave::wave:

anyone know when its due to open?

the date has changed from the 23rd. It will be a week later, but again that could change.

the date has changed from the 23rd. It will be a week later, but again that could change.

another delay! :roll: flippin 'eck what they doing in there?