The Deep End pub in Hillsborough - to reopen as The Rawson Spring (Wetherspoon).

Just passed The Deep End at Hillsboro and noticed all the ground floor windows & doors are completley boarded up with thick plywood.

Anyone know what happened? It was'nt there yesterday. :confused:

It is to be taken over by Wetherspoons. There is an application notice for a drinks licence pasted on the door

Yes I saw the application by Wetherspoons, but when i saw the boarded up windows, i thought the local brain doners had put the windows thru' or somethin' instead of smashin bus stop windows!

Maybe you hadn't noticed it has been shut down for a number of months now.

Over the top preparation for this weekends derby maybe?!

want to keep it boarded up, crap place anyway full of chavs on illegal substances.:P

ooooooh i like weatherspoons, at least there will be one decent pub in Hillsborough :)

Last week i sent an e-mail to Wetherspoons customers service department, asking what the companies plans were for the building.

I received a letter back yesterday stating that the respondant had checked with thier projects department and that there were no plans in the next 6 months to open any licenced premises in the Hillsborough area ? :mad:

At least that ruddy alarm's not going off anymore!:rant::loopy::help:

When it first opened, apparently all the local licencee's said it "sink" sooner or later!!

Looks like they were right!!

Boarded up how good is that! Maybe the council will get its act together and demolish the eyesore and give us the much needed carpark in hillsboro'.

On a similar note, Nico has put new windows in the eyesore on the corner!

Maybe this is a regen for Hillsborough?