The Deep End pub in Hillsborough - to reopen as The Rawson Spring (Wetherspoon).

A word of advice for anyone thinking of going in for some food. Give it a few weeks/months until they have a sorted a decent chef and the staff know what they are doing.

I went in the other night, thinking it would be nice to have a look at the place and have my tea aswell. Boyfriend went to the bar to get drinks and was there ages. He said the bar staff didn't know who had been waiting the longest and that people had no manners and were getting served when they clearly knew it wasn't their turn. Anyway as I'm sat waiting for him, surrounded by empty glasses, bottles and plates, which stayed on our table most of the night, despite 4 members of staff looking at them, I see a few **** heads in track suits and thought oh no I thought it was going to be chav free, apparently not.

Anyway the table next to us got their food and sent it back 3 times before demanding their money back. By this point we had been waiting for our meal for over 1 hour and was really worried about how bad it was going to be.

Eventually it came and it was dire. Boyfriends jacket spud and steak were dry and shrivelled up. Burnt on the outside and undercooked on the inside. Mine was supposed to be chicken with bacon, cheese and BBQ sauce. The entire thing was clock cold, no cheese and BBQ sauce was like water. We contemplated sending it back or getting a refund but as we had been there so long we were famished and just got on and tried to make the best of it.

Wont be going back in there for a while. It reminded me of a cheap all inclusive where you've got the entire chav massive eating and drinking as much as possible coz it's 'free'! :D

Username1 - your description of the food at this place sounds par for the course for any Wetherspoon pub.

I doubt it'll improve even when they're found their feet.

I'll never forget driving through one inner city area of Liverpool last year and even though it was only about 10.30am the local Wetherspoon pub there was absolutely packed solid ('trackie' bottoms aplenty).

Cheap beer attracts folk I wouldn't want to sup or eat with. One glance inside the Wetherspoon pub on Cambridge Street always makes me think when my next visit to the dentist is. The 'regulars' in there have consumed so much cheap (and bland) beer that their teeth have rotted away.

And the one near Argos (a commercial bed-partner attracting similar clientele) always used to smell of vomit, the kind of place where one wiped his feet on the way out. The 'food' I was presented with many moons ago I wouldn't feed to a dog (and I'm not much of a dog lover these days).

Okay, so I'm not saying all Wetherspoon pubs are alike. Er.., well, actually, I guess I AM saying that.

Look at the Bankers Draft for Christ sakes, who'd want to drink in there?

Generally chavs and no-hopers clutching their UB40 and giro cheques in our experience.....the entire place is an infestation of pond life and losers..........apologies to anyone who feels they don't fit into that category who drinks in there, but being next door to this dump, we do get a very good view of the dregs of society who frequent this cheap-skate chav palace......:suspect:

Ooh, such inverted snobbery!

Yes,there's much to dislike about Wetherspoons, but you have to give them credit for their commitment to real ale. Yes, Sheffield's W'Spoonsare a tad on the grotty side, but whenever I find myself in a strange town without a Good Beer Guide, I know that if there's a Wetherspoons I'm pretty much guaranteed a decent pint of real ale.

And if you don't like mixing with poor people, Sheffield's got plenty of rip off bars where you can pay £4 for a bottle of Magners and feel superior.....

And if you don't like mixing with poor people, Sheffield's got plenty of rip off bars where you can pay £4 for a bottle of Magners and feel superior.....

Nothing to do with superiority.

Who wants to dine (or just drink) in a city centre pub where the majority of the 'clients' are off their rocker by 2pm and where your feet stick to the carpet?

I doubt many females feel in good company with these lecherous, leering, foul-mouthed, urine-stinking drunkards.

Be it Lincoln, London or here in lovely Sheffield, Wetherspoon pubs are horrible. I'm happy to pay over the odds prices where I won't have to inhale stale wee and hear industrial language.

Username1 - your description of the food at this place sounds par for the course for any Wetherspoon pub.

I doubt it'll improve even when they're found their feet.

I'll never forget driving through one inner city area of Liverpool last year and even though it was only about 10.30am the local Wetherspoon pub there was absolutely packed solid ('trackie' bottoms aplenty).

Cheap beer attracts folk I wouldn't want to sup or eat with. One glance inside the Wetherspoon pub on Cambridge Street always makes me think when my next visit to the dentist is. The 'regulars' in there have consumed so much cheap (and bland) beer that their teeth have rotted away.

And the one near Argos (a commercial bed-partner attracting similar clientele) always used to smell of vomit, the kind of place where one wiped his feet on the way out. The 'food' I was presented with many moons ago I wouldn't feed to a dog (and I'm not much of a dog lover these days).

Okay, so I'm not saying all Wetherspoon pubs are alike. Er.., well, actually, I guess I AM saying that.

I thinks thats a little unfair. I have had a perfectly acceptable meal at Wetherspoons (Curry Night). Any new place as popular as it seems The Springs has been will have teething problems. The brand would not be as successful as it is if was always churning out poor quality food / drink - 35% of JDW sales is food.

I cant argue about the clientele in the Bankers Draft though. Last time I was bound to go in there, there was ham being traded under tables. And it was only Bernard Matthews wafer thin reformed filth!

I have also had some pretty decent meals at the other Wetherspoons, mainly the one opposite Coles. When I say decent I mean fine for the £3.50 I have paid. You get what you pay for afterall.

I wawsn't expecting a meal fit for a King but it wasn't even fit for a dog! (no jokes please :D).

I have also had some pretty decent meals at the other Wetherspoons, mainly the one opposite Coles. When I say decent I mean fine for the £3.50 I have paid. You get what you pay for afterall.

I wawsn't expecting a meal fit for a King but it wasn't even fit for a dog! (no jokes please :D).

Hands up. I too have had decent food in Lloyds No 1. I'm not sure however if this was before the chain was bought out by Wetherspoon or whether they've always been a part of Wetherspoon but offered better standards throughout.

But the Banker's Draft is one of the worst holes I've ever been in and the Wetherspoon pub in Lincoln (overlooking Brayford Pool) was also incredibly filthy. The beer was that cheap I honestly thought they'd only charged me for one drink.

Yes Bankers Draft is definately one to be avoided. I did venture in there once with some college friends and the meal was the worst thing I think I've ever had. Not been in since and don't suppose I ever will.

One good thing though is that often when you are stood at the tram stop opposite you get to see some better arguments than any TV programme could deliver.

The one opposite John Lewis has always been all right when I've been in.

It's probably the clientele of the area - I know it sounds snobby, but just look in Legends :D