New Build planned Stocksbridge

No, but a lot of negotiation, alterations and changes usually goes on in the background and if it is recommended for approval that (usually) means that the Planners are happy with it and that they have reached a scheme that should go through. The Planning Board then make the actual decision, but they rarely go against Officers recommendations unless they have a VERY good reasons. That was what Donnygate was all about.

The Councillors sadly do occasionally play politics with Planning especially if there is an election looming. The elections are too far away to worry about so I would hope that the scheme gets a 'proper' decision.

Speak to the Planning Officer for the scheme by phone and you should find out more about what he / she thinks of the proposal. You can make your own assessment from there.

Eventually I've remembered to put the link on!

http://planningdocs.sheffield.gov.uk/WAM/showCaseFile.do?appType=DC&appNumber=06/02638/FUL

Update; Letters of our concerns have been printed in the star and look local (our local news paper). There was also an article in the star (along with a photos of angry residents). A petition has been filled out amongst our neigbours (as well as the individual letters we have all sent in) and there has also been an online petition; so thats about 200 signitures in total; we also have the support of our mayor. All of this, has now been sent to the council just in time for the deadline!

Thanks for eveyones support!

Eventually I've remembered to put the link on!

http://planningdocs.sheffield.gov.uk/WAM/showCaseFile.do?appType=DC&appNumber=06/02638/FUL

Update; Letters of our concerns have been printed in the star and look local (our local news paper). There was also an article in the star (along with a photos of angry residents). A petition has been filled out amongst our neigbours (as well as the individual letters we have all sent in) and there has also been an online petition; so thats about 200 signitures in total; we also have the support of our mayor. All of this, has now been sent to the council just in time for the deadline!

Thanks for eveyones support!

I don't suppose you managed to mention the one down the road to the mayor too :( I wish our end was as organised.

ive seen these plans and i will tell you now they will go through. They NEVER give a toss about neighbours light/view issues.

Only chance would be traffic to get it knocked.

Quite why they think they need 6 floors of flats in the west end of stocksbridge is beyond me.