Bent's Green Open Air School

Yes I did, I remember Karl, although I think I was a little bit older, I left at Easter 1974. what i do remember is him taking me and a couple of mates to see his dads barge one night after school. I can remember that, but not what happened yesterday!. We played together in the footie team i think. Here is a link to another thread about BGS

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=773863 Hope he's done ok, it was a good place to be in those days.

Hi. My husband karl crofts went to BGS early 1970's he was on the football team and wondered if any one can remember John creswick?
. Yes I remember John Creswick he was a resident there when I was there and he used to go out with a girl there they were madly in love! Just can’t remember her name. We used to run away for the fun of it and one night she came with us and jumped in forge dam so we had to take her back! ???

Karl says he can't remember taking you to the boat but his dad did have oneto visit . He was friends with John and he said they scored too many goals so karl was put in the goal area after that.

Hello. I attended BGS from 1960-67.  I have just read some of the comments on here and would love to hear from anyone who attended at that time. My name is Gillian and I had bad eczema. Although I was there a long time, most of the names (apart from the obvious)  elude me. I went to see the school last year when it was being renovated and the emotions that rose to the surface were incredible.

On 21/03/2020 at 15:18, Gillian H said:

Hello. I attended BGS from 1960-67.  I have just read some of the comments on here and would love to hear from anyone who attended at that time. My name is Gillian and I had bad eczema. Although I was there a long time, most of the names (apart from the obvious)  elude me. I went to see the school last year when it was being renovated and the emotions that rose to the surface were incredible.

Hi Gillian, I started the year before you left, just as the 'new' school was being built. You have now visited the 'new, new' school!! the 'old' one lasting all of around 40  odd years. Although I no longer live in Sheffield I try and visit as often as possible to eat in the 'Hidden Gem' cafe which is housed in the old changing rooms around the back, it serves wonderful food.  I called in to the school last year but there is no one left that even remembers any of the staff from our days, it was all rather sad.