My wonderful, beautiful darling Harrycat has died

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news :cry: It's so hearbreaking when you lose a pet, people who don't own pets don't understand how they become part of the family. I was heartbroken when I lost mine and I remember the last one Sophie who was 18 when I had to take her to be put to sleep crying so much I was making the vets assistant cry so much she couldn't look at me.

Thank you, he was enormously loved. He was like a big old teddy bear. He would get into bed with me and just flop down besides me, I would then wrap my arms around him and he would stay with me all night.

Whenever I was sad he would know and come to me and I did love him with all my heart.

He was my sunshine x

Awww Olliekitten i am fighting back the tears now, it's wonderfull to be so close to an animal not everyone has that privelidge.

He was your sunshine but never forget you were his sunshine to, what a wonderfull thing you did giving him a happy life with all he needs... as you know better than most not all cats have that experience in life.

Moonbird, thank you so much x x x x x x x

That really touched me about me being his sunshine.

Thank you

Ill tell you all about him tomorrow x

Moonbird, thank you so much x x x x x x x

That really touched me about me being his sunshine.

Thank you

Ill tell you all about him tomorrow x

Your most welcome, it's all true, and i can't wait to know all about the gorgeous Harry:)

The story of my Harry,

Harry came into my life five years ago, when he was just two weeks old. A child from my Anti Bullying Workshop came into my class one break-time in tears. She said that her Step Dad had killed her family cat and kittens. One of the kittens had been saved by being asleep behind the sofa when this drunken rampage went on.

The little girl begged me to save this little kitten and take him home before her Step Dad came home. I called the girl’s Mum at lunch and the little poppet’s story was confirmed. I agreed that I would come and pick up the kitten as soon as the school day finished.

When I got to the house I was hit by how poor and dirty the house was. The little girl’s Mum handed me this tiny little kitten, which I actually thought was dead until he raised his little head. I gave the family some money for this tiny little, near dead, kitten. He was covered in fleas that seemed almost bigger than him.

I took the baby straight to the vet. The vet said that the fleas had virtually sucked all his blood out and he would die within hours. I asked if he was in any pain and then told the vet that I would take him home so he could spend his last hours warm, secure and loved.

When we got home I sprayed his fur with flea spray and spent the evening picking dying fleas off him. I then made a duvet nest for him and put him in my box bedroom with the heating full on. I stayed most of the night with him but had to go to work the following morning. When I came home I expected Harry to be dead but he was bouncing around the little room full of life.

I took him straight back to the vet and he was shocked and delighted that he had made it through the night. The vet did say that Harry probably wouldn’t survive as he was so young, two weeks old. He gave me some kitten milk and a feeding bottle. I spent the next three weeks feeding baby Harry every couple of hours and he grew into a beautiful kitten. Soon enough he decided that he’d had enough of this kitten milk nonsense and started to eat with the bigger cats.

He then continued to grow and grow and grow into the most beautiful Harrycat in the world. As I had had him from so young we had a very strong bond and gosh I loved him. He was a very sensitive cat and needed lots of cuddles, he always got them.

Whenever I came home from school he would stand on the worktop and then put his paws on my shoulders for a cuddle. Each night he would flop down with me and be my teddy-bear-baby.

If he didn’t think that he was getting enough attention he would climb onto the top of the kitchen cupboards and cry. He had me very well trained and I went to get him nearly every time. 

He left us far too soon and he will be missed every day.

The idea of having domestic pets doesn't appeal to some people, for a multiplicity of reasons. You only have to read some comments on here at times.

This household, from the earliest days of our marriage a long time ago has always had a dog or cat(s) as part of the family. We have three children, now adults of course.

Like us, they all love animals.

It must seem a bit soppy and "over-the-top" for non-pet owners to read threads like this, but domestic pets are a very important part of "the family unit".

They offer among other things unconditional love and faithfulness, their trust in you as a leader and above all their company.

To lose a beloved pet is virtually akin to losing a child.

My good wishes go out to you in your loss Olliekitten, Rich951 and your family.

Thank you for sharing the story of Harry's life, he was one lucky, special little cat.

You gave him back his life and made him happy, you should always remember and be proud, tell his story many times to make others aware of how life is for many unfortunate creatures (animal and human :sad: ).

Harrys life is a story of love and hope, love never dies, remember him with a smile :) .

so sorry to hear of your loss. He looked like a very beautiful cat Iam sure you gave him the best life possible.

So sorry to hear your news. It is so very sad to lose a loved pet and only time heals the ache when they are gone.

:oNOOOOOOOOOOOO:o awww i'm so sorry to hear about harry. i no he meant so much to you

awww. Me, Lulu, Mossy and Alfie are thinking of u and rich and the cats xxxx

i only met harry once and he was so soft and gorgeous and beautifully big and fluffy...

thinkin of uuu

sambob x