Need help with Ebay

Should people by alowed to sell concert tickets on ebay  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should people by alowed to sell concert tickets on ebay

• yes
    • no
    • Just show me the results

The best way round this is to simply ask the bidder if they're a scammer or not. As everyone using the internet is 100% honest, they'd be duty-bound to tell you one way or the other.

Thankyou, I didnt realise this. It will save me much hassle in the future.

but would you despatch the goods before a cheque has cleared, or you've had confirmation of payment through paypal?

Yes its a scam! Been going on for years aparently.

Someone tried it when I was selling a mobile phone.

They offered me more money than the reserve and asked me to stop the auction so they could buy it. I had stated in my terms that I would only post in the uk and he then decided although he was in the Uk, I had to post it to his daughter for her supposed birthday in Somalia or somewhere!

If you go on the ebay forums you will see hundreds of examples of how people have been scammed in this way.

Dont do it!

this happened to a friend of mine at work, she was selling a PS2 and someone said they wanted it and then asked her to send it to an address in nigeria as it was for her son, unfortunately she did this and never got the money and also lost out on £40 postage as well

If it comes up private on your feedback profile it may not do on the sellers nor would the seller want it to because he wants other potential to see what he's been doing.

No, but some things are just meant to be kept a secret. Please don't make me draw a picture.

I had bit of amusement just before my birthday when I was about to bid on something and found that I was bidding against OH who was buying me the item in secret for my birthday. (;) XXX )

THAT is reeeeeeeally sweet! And funny.

but would you despatch the goods before a cheque has cleared, or you've had confirmation of payment through paypal?
If anyone is that stupid they deserve to get scammed.:loopy:

Not that Ebay are actually that much use/help is something does go wrong, neither are Paypal, they have their cut and don't realy care.

Well I don't totally agree with you regarding PayPal. I once bought something off the internet (not Ebay) via Paypal, the product didn't meet my expectations. I sent numerous e-mails to the seller telling him that I wasn't happy as the product wasn't as advertised, I got no reponse back from the seller. Just to make sure the seller was receiving his e-mail okay ,I sent another disquised e-mail pretending that I was interested in his product and requested more information, suprise suprise I got an e-mail back within 2 minutes! That told me that I was being scammed for certain. I contacted PayPal and within a week PayPal had managed to get me a refund from this Scam artist. So my experience so far is a thumbs up for PayPal.:thumbsup:

I had the same thing when selling a mobile phone and two of my work collegues also did. It's a right con. Ebay should do something about it. My auction went through to the end and the winning bidder (who bid way over the odds) was the scammer, I then had to auction again. I complained to ebay about it but you never get to know the outcome.

You can remove the highest bid if you think it's false and the auction will fall through to the next highest bidder.

this happened to a friend of mine at work, she was selling a PS2 and someone said they wanted it and then asked her to send it to an address in nigeria as it was for her son, unfortunately she did this and never got the money and also lost out on £40 postage as well

That was it, it was Nigeria! Luckilly I checked on the forums first and found it was a scam. I reported them and Ebay banned them but then they opened 2 more accounts and hijacked my bidding so the phone sold for £1999!!! This meant that I got charged quite a big percentage of the sale cost as some sort of commision Ebay takes off items you sell and I had to put a claim in and wait ages to get the money back!

Just go with you're instincts on Ebay,,,if something sounds to good to be true, it usually is!

My favourite topic again, guys :D

When selling something (not me btw :suspect:), how do you keep an item private?

I've seen it on feedback and somebody has asked me how to do it. Burraduntknorr.

'course it's not you selling it lizzmo, we understand ;)

What is it BTW :D

When you put the advert on, in the section where you put the starting price etc, there is a little tick box that says "keep bidder private". If you tick this then only the seller can see who the bidder is;)

This is all great guys but it's about keeping the ITEM private. Again, that's the ITEM, and not the bidder :)