Need help with Ebay

Should people by alowed to sell concert tickets on ebay  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should people by alowed to sell concert tickets on ebay

• yes
    • no
    • Just show me the results

Do any of you use ebay regulary? If so do you think it's a good thing? I have heard of a lot of scams on ebay, but it seems things go on for such a good price on there sometimes its very tempting!!

Depends on the seller... Occassionally you might get a chav seller who refuses to send you whatever you've bought even though you've paid them for it.

My only problem with Ebay is that most sellers prefer you to pay them via Paypal these days and I just cannot figure out how to use the bloody thing as it is clearly designed with Yanks in mind and not other people.

Other than that it's pretty safe, and a good way of aquiring stuff like rare out of print videos etc.

Just made my first purchase today on ebay. I'm playing it safe though as the seller is in Sheffield and I'm paying for the thing on collection.

My sister has bought/sold loads of things on Ebay and never had a bad experience.

been using e bay for quite a few months now ..trouble free touch wood

the stupidity of some of the buyers never ceases to amaze me the other week a box set of the tv show the saint went for 80 quid the thing is the same box set was on sale at hmv for 40 utter madness:loopy: :loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

Adidas SL76 trainers go for about £75 a pair on ebay (the starsky & Hutch ones) While you can/could (dunno if the offer is still on) get them from Schotts in Meadowhall for £105 for two pairs (Buy one item get the other for half price)

2 threads merged.

Wow people wanna buy David Beckham standees?? Oh man!! I threw a pepsi one out at work yesterday!! AHHH!!

Ebay's okay I guess. Alot of bargins to be found, although now I'm skint again.

The thing that worries me is that maybe the buyer's won't send the item when I've paid for it. That would be irritating!!

Originally posted by Rusted Root

Wow people wanna buy David Beckham standees?? Oh man!! I threw a pepsi one out at work yesterday!! AHHH!!

Ebay's okay I guess. Alot of bargins to be found, although now I'm skint again.

The thing that worries me is that maybe the buyer's won't send the item when I've paid for it. That would be irritating!!

Like I said, there's no worries of that happening cos basically they're not legally allowed to keep the item once they've agreed to sell it to you.

Originally posted by Rich

Like I said, there's no worries of that happening cos basically they're not legally allowed to keep the item once they've agreed to sell it to you.

All Ebay do is close the sellers account.... doesn't mean you get the item!!

I've been on Ebay for over 4 years and have a feedback of 500. Only had a few bad transactions. One, where the money was sent through a cheque (£14), and nothing was sent. Ebay would only refund if it was over £15!!! Although PayPal is handy for transactions like these, as they will freeze the seller's account until it has been resolved.

Another where I won an item for £3, but it was worth over £30. The seller gave the excuse, the item was broken. But it was obvious they didn't want to sell it!! I received my money back from the seller.

Another where I sold a mobile phone, and the buyer claimed it was faulty and demanded his money back. At the same time he had negative feedback from others, saying that he had tried the same thing with them!!!

But overall, not been too bad. Just watch out for buyers and sellers overseas, also sellers with low feedbacks offering expensive goods. The majority are out to rip you off!!

I've been using it for a good while now and have over 100 feedbacks with a 100% positive feedback rate. There are some really good folks out there both at home and abroad and I really reccommend it, especially when it comes to filling time in on the dark nights. I prefer selling the stupid junk that clutters up the loft, I'ts amazing what people will pay for it.

Im thinking of selling a few things on Ebay. Ive bought many things before from the site but this will be my first time at selling. Is it easy? Possible to make some money (depending on the item) and are there any potholes I need to look out for or be aware of? Could anyone give me some help... :thumbsup:

greatly appreciated

Rick

The first thing I am selling is on there at the moment.

All yuou have to do is fill in the boxes...

... Name of item: XXXXXXXXXXX

Sub-Heading:XXXXXXXX Description:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Upload your picture here (C://Docs and Settings/Computer Owner/My Documents/My Pictures) (i.e)

Method of payment: Paypal, Personal Cheque etc.

Return Policy: (Accept Returns or not)

That's it!

Yes, you need to be aware of bogus bidders, but you can report them, also if it is local pick-up, i.e in your area, it is unlikely someone like me would bid for it. So, watch out for that - Yes, i might bid for a large item, but It would be unlikely for me to come up and pick it up.

Alex