Bruce springsteen hallam fm arena

i love bruce springsteen's music but come on, 50 quid to see him doin the seegar sessions..i know its not as much as the rolling stones (who i wouldn't see for nowt) but why do we have to be ripped off all the time. its not just the tickets but i also have a gripe with the arena too. £5.00 to park a car (probably gone up now since last time) then 3 pound odd for nearly a pint of rubbish lager etc. i could go on for ever about this but will spare you all. by the way i'm not tight,just annoyed.me and my son went to see whitesnake at city hall,they were knocking programmes out for a tenner then when my lad went to get one the guy said they had put the prices up to 15 quid becuz of the demand. sorry to go on but im on one.:rant:

mmm, the seeger sessions, i like Bruce's classics, will he play these too?

I saw Neil Young at the arena some years ago & although was 30 quid then, was worth every penny as he played all the classics & maybe 1 or 2 of something new!

Then in usa he played a fiew gigs to promote the Greendale album & no classics! & people were annoyed.

Is this why your annoyed! No classics!

Rom

he may well do some classics but not as we remember them. i saw bruce a while ago and yes i would have paid quite a bit to see him. but time has caught up with bruce and he isnt the same as we remember him , although still a good entertainer. i admire the man for trying out differant styles of music and have recently bought and enjoyed the new album. im not saying hes an "has been" but 50 quid is on the steep side even for a man of his stature. oh then theres probably a booking fee . just for the record, i went to see guns n roses last week and again, great show but just not the same without the original line up. although seb bach from skid row was on too and he was brill.

Have seen Bruce 3 times in concert and he is a brilliant showman, it is a number of years since i last saw him though and i doubt very much if i will be able to afford to pay the ticket price for my husband and myself,i suppose i could always go and leave hubby at home,lol.

i love bruce springsteen's music but come on, 50 quid to see him doin the seegar sessions..i know its not as much as the rolling stones (who i wouldn't see for nowt) but why do we have to be ripped off all the time. its not just the tickets but i also have a gripe with the arena too. £5.00 to park a car (probably gone up now since last time) then 3 pound odd for nearly a pint of rubbish lager etc. i could go on for ever about this but will spare you all. by the way i'm not tight,just annoyed.me and my son went to see whitesnake at city hall,they were knocking programmes out for a tenner then when my lad went to get one the guy said they had put the prices up to 15 quid becuz of the demand. sorry to go on but im on one.:rant:

A lot of it is to do witht he iron grip of the promotion companies. Pearl Jam had a massive battle with 'Ticketmaster' a few years back. Dont know if they have anything to do with Brucie but it makes you think...

Hi,

Springsteen is classic, but what I'd want as a fan are his own classics....especially in a venue the size of the Arena..it may not be stadium music there, but it isn't intimate either......and ata concert, really you want to enjoy yourself with the hits, not wallow in melancholia that is best at home with a can of beer.

Put on the classics, and it would be sold out already.....what exactly are the Seegers sessions?

Cheers,

Ade

There was a programme on TV not long ago where Bruce did a gig in a small venue in London in front of a small audience - a group of fantastic musicians doing some folk/traditional songs on typical Bruce style. I had my reservations at first but it was REALLY good stuff.

he won't be plying any of the clssics if it is the same set as the seeger sessions tour he has just done in the USA, we may get lucky tho'... The tickets are £50 to put the fairweather fans off, I'd pay £50 easy to see Bruce..... The mans a legend, the seeger sessions are really good as well.....