Bruce springsteen hallam fm arena

There was a programme on TV not long ago where Bruce did a gig in a small venue in London in front of a small audience - a group of fantastic musicians doing some folk/traditional songs on typical Bruce style. I had my reservations at first but it was REALLY good stuff.

I caught this programme too. My first thought was "Quick, find the remote!" but after listening to the first song (I think it was O Mary don't you weep - a gospel song which even I knew!) I stuck with it. Can't say I was disappointed! I'd never thought of Bruce Springstein as a folk/gospel/traditional sort of singer but I was impressed. I've heard the album since then and it is just as good (if you like that sort of thing...) though there are moments when I think he's doing a Bob Dylan impression.

I can't imagine they'd fill the arena withe the Seeger Sessions tour. Not at £50 a ticket. Though I am tempted... If the venue had been somewhere a bit more 'intimate' I would certainly have gone!

Afraid it must be done. The man's a legend. Worth £50, absolutely:thumbsup:

the mans a retard

ladies and gentlemen oscar wilde has left the building..........

you say he is a retard and you come on here with a nick like fluffy bunny boy..:hihi: :hihi: :hihi::D

I caught this programme too. My first thought was "Quick, find the remote!" but after listening to the first song (I think it was O Mary don't you weep - a gospel song which even I knew!) I stuck with it. Can't say I was disappointed! I'd never thought of Bruce Springstein as a folk/gospel/traditional sort of singer but I was impressed. I've heard the album since then and it is just as good (if you like that sort of thing...) though there are moments when I think he's doing a Bob Dylan impression.

I can't imagine they'd fill the arena withe the Seeger Sessions tour. Not at £50 a ticket. Though I am tempted... If the venue had been somewhere a bit more 'intimate' I would certainly have gone!

id pay double that.ive sen him a few times here an states.if u never heard him then get the wild the innocent an the estreet shuffle.thats an early one.got some good tracks on.in my opinion.as a fan of his dont listen to the ,,its great being american,born in the usa album then you probably wouldnt give him a second listen..........the river top tune

50 quid is ok if you can see him, but when you get a poor seat and some out of tune idiot trying to singalong at the side of you , its not worth 50p. unless its Kylie.

How many number one singles has Bruce had in the UK ?

I think he had Hungry Heart and I think Philadelphia, but I was only 14 when that came out.......... I don't actually think he had any of Born in the USA from what I have read Prince beat him to it on the title track........... And although it was a long time ago, the Seeger Sessions was awesome......... Some good versions of classic bruce tunes, like Candy's room..........