Police Launch Crackdown on illegal scramble bikes

just read the star were it is saying police to now target youths on off rd bikes.while i agree they are a nuisance and can be lethal i also think if the police and the council got together and got a track for the youths surely this would help. also it would keep them off streets and rds were i live there is 3 fields which would be perfect for biking so what is the problem in the youths using this land.in my opinion we should be concentrating on drug dealers and users more after all the youths could be doing drugs

seems this is getting out of hand i live near the wood yes there is local youths who are just out the odd hour in the wood causing no hassle but also we have alot of older youths here to and the local lads seem to be getting blame for it all.yes i have seen parents with the youths also i must say some old folk watching the kids who to admitted they as harmless as are not flying about everyone seems to be able to spout over the bikes but what over the drugs you all saying that ok are you?not everyone is the same but as stated it is illegal but could be doing alot worse couldnt they?

seems this is getting out of hand i live near the wood yes there is local youths who are just out the odd hour in the wood causing no hassle but also we have alot of older youths here to and the local lads seem to be getting blame for it all.yes i have seen parents with the youths also i must say some old folk watching the kids who to admitted they as harmless as are not flying about everyone seems to be able to spout over the bikes but what over the drugs you all saying that ok are you?not everyone is the same but as stated it is illegal but could be doing alot worse couldnt they?

well said liza it no use trying to get your point across on here,:mad:

thanks this is what im trying to say at least we are trying to supervise them and also working with the council but we are been called very much as people are judging everyone with a bike the same

paedophiles,rapists,murders.dealers.twockers.junkies.arsonists,burgulars,muggers,all children born to parents some very respecful parents as well may i add.but this is what world we live in and if getting a fine for stood watching my child on a bike hurting no 1 damaging nothing either then im prepared to do that as i no they are not hanging round in gangs causing disturbances or any other problems to society every child does something like i have stated so until yours grow up id be careful on what you say as i bet alot of rapists parents etc thought there child wouldnt grow up in to something like that.so yes im prepared to take a fine for something so minor at side of other peoples offences

The defensiveness on this thread is unbelievable. Its all 'My kid has a bike, but he's doing no harm, they're only in the woods' responses and 'would you rather he did drugs?' No, I'd rather they didn't do anything illegal actually. I brought up a family, so I know that kids want what their friends have, and sometimes, hard as it is, but rather than break the law, parents have to say 'no'. If you are prepared to take children to the track, (I believe there is one in Doncaster which isn't a million miles away), and commit some time to them riding in a safe environment then fair enough. If there is work going on in Gleadless Valley with the council, isn't there a residents' group that could start raising money to set up a track - even bid for lottery money for it? Just a thought.

Where I used to live, we couldn't have a peaceful weekend with kids on these bikes in the fields behind our homes. How do you think they got their bikes into the fields....they drove them there on the roads and footpaths - illegally.

However, I am impressed with how many well off people there are on the forum who can afford to buy motor bikes for young kids. Changed days eh!

The defensiveness on this thread is unbelievable. Its all 'My kid has a bike, but he's doing no harm, they're only in the woods' responses and 'would you rather he did drugs?' No, I'd rather they didn't do anything illegal actually. I brought up a family, so I know that kids want what their friends have, and sometimes, hard as it is, but rather than break the law, parents have to say 'no'. If you are prepared to take children to the track, (I believe there is one in Doncaster which isn't a million miles away), and commit some time to them riding in a safe environment then fair enough. If there is work going on in Gleadless Valley with the council, isn't there a residents' group that could start raising money to set up a track - even bid for lottery money for it? Just a thought.

Where I used to live, we couldn't have a peaceful weekend with kids on these bikes in the fields behind our homes. How do you think they got their bikes into the fields....they drove them there on the roads and footpaths - illegally.

However, I am impressed with how many well off people there are on the forum who can afford to buy motor bikes for young kids. Changed days eh!

I don't understand this mentality either. The law exists for a reason, to protect people and society, and you can't just pick and choose which laws to follow because breaking some is 'less bad' than breaking others. Does this mean it's OK if I threaten someone with a big stick as it's 'less bad' than threatening them with a big gun?

Both my brothers wanted bikes at a young age (proper bikes) but my father had more than enough of a handle on his own children and refused to allow this until they were 17 and it was legal. They didn't get in a strop and go and fill their veins with smack or go and mug old ladies as they were lacking in leisure pursuits, either, despite one of them being quite a bad lad. It's called discipline.

There are places that kids can go to play on their little bikes, legal places, so they should be using them. Aside from anything else it will be safer for them and the families won't be at risk of getting their a*ses sued off if they cause an accident or damage.

if he has a accident then that for me to deal with which i will do as for you not doing any of these things proves what a sad life you must lead been on the pc 24/7 judging everyone else :loopy: :loopy:

What a stupid person you must be, what if he kills a child? will you deal with that. You don't sound any better as a parent than these idiots who are riding about on these things. CRUSH THEM ALL NOW and lets get this problem dead and buried out of the way before my grandchildren or anyone elses children finish up dead and buried.

What a stupid person you must be, what if he kills a child? will you deal with that. You don't sound any better as a parent than these idiots who are riding about on these things. CRUSH THEM ALL NOW and lets get this problem dead and buried out of the way before my grandchildren or anyone elses children finish up dead and buried.

dont be so thick were we let them ride the only thing they could hit is a tree it is totaly isolated you moron unless you are prepared to let you grandchildren wander the depth of the woods alone:loopy: :loopy:

sorry but i have to admit as well i have witnessed these parents with the youths and they are nowere near anyone and once out of the wood the bike is then pushed not rode.i dont like bikes but as i keep stating it is not everyone who owns 1 at least these parents are with the youths in isolated areas they could leave them to it as many do wouldnt you say/i think you are been totally unfair and im sure original meant if her son hurt himself then it would be her concience that she had purchased the bike for him

I hope these kids all wear bike leathers and helmets, or they're playing suicide. Anyone who's ever had a proper bike will know that one of the things you do is fall off it, especially when learning. And young people do not have as good hand-eye co-ordination or depth perception as adults. It's only the helmets and leathers that stop you getting serious injuries. Brain damage can happen to someone falling from a walking horse, never mind a 60mph bike.

These things were made for use by adult motor cycle enthusiasts, not kiddies.

I hope these kids all wear bike leathers and helmets, or they're playing suicide. Anyone who's ever had a proper bike will know that one of the things you do is fall off it, especially when learning. And young people do not have as good hand-eye co-ordination or depth perception as adults. It's only the helmets and leathers that stop you getting serious injuries. Brain damage can happen to someone falling from a walking horse, never mind a 60mph bike.

These things were made for use by adult motor cycle enthusiasts, not kiddies.

yes they do and thank you like i said we do supervise them to

yes they do and thank you like i said we do supervise them to

Must be very expensive buying a new set of leathers and a new helmet every six months as the kids grow. Have they also had qualified instruction?

Though of course they won't have any insurance. Have the parents factored in the costs if an accident happens to a member of the public or if the land owner decides to sue for damage?