The Clapotis Knitalong Thread.

I think if I raid the youngest teenage car boot (sorry - bedroom) I might find some of those, there is always some hair things lying around the place, she's training to be a hairdresser. Lucky me!!:rolleyes:

A note about the number of skeins of Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb needed to complete Clapotis.

I've just been perusing the Knitty Coffeeshop message board and found the following:

Well, the pattern states three skeins is enough for the pattern, minus one repeat of Section 3. Do you want it to the length that the designer made it? It's the difference of 12 rows between being fine with the 3 skeins, or needing a fourth.

and:

This note was just added to the pattern:

Note: Just a little over 3 skeins are required to complete the pattern as written. To make Clapotis with only 3 skeins, remove one repeat from section 3.

The general consensus appears to be that you'll need four skeins if you want to knit Clapotis with the complete number of pattern repeats in Section3. However, one poster said that she completed the full number and still had some of the third skein left over.

When I asked at Get Knitted how many was needed she reccomended 4. I got 3 Hipknits silk ones and only just had enough so I went for 4 of the L&L ones

3rd August update. I could become a bit unstuck if I need 4 skeins because I looked at the site I bought the wool from and it's "out of stock" now. I reached the straight section yesterday so if I make sure I have 3/4's of a ball left after the straight bit I will have enough to finish it in 3. It might just not have the same number of repeats as the pattern that's all:)

Come on guys I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your Clapot...(whatever plural is):hihi:

Good grief, Turra21, you're fast! I do like those colours.

Well I've cast on the two stitches and knitted the first few rows. I shall endeavour to have something worthy of a photo opportunity by the end of the day :) .

This is mine so far. I started on Tuesday but have had a bad headache since then as well so I haven't been concentrating as much as I should. Yesterday it was our Wedding anniversary so I didn't get much done again :rolleyes:

But, its my day off tomorrow so hopefully I'll get some more done then!

Blumin' hell, I'm falling behind (again!). Those colours are lovely, Jules13. The yarn looks lovely knitted up. I'm starting to prefer everyone else's yarn to my own :hihi: .

I adore the colours! I'm so jealous!

This is mine so far. I started on Tuesday but have had a bad headache since then as well so I haven't been concentrating as much as I should. Yesterday it was our Wedding anniversary so I didn't get much done again :rolleyes:

But, its my day off tomorrow so hopefully I'll get some more done then!

That ones coming on nicely too - I really like the watercolour colourway:D

Jules, those are beautiful colours. Hope your head gets better soon.

Thanks everybody. I like the colours too. My head isn't feeling too bad at the mo, its actually behind my eye but I'm waiting to get it checked out at the hospital next month