Story: 'The Tale of Rumble-Tum Giant.'

I told this story to my children during a thunderstorm once. I had to write it down because they kept wanting to hear it again and always noticed if I hadn't remembered some of the details.

I'd love to know what you think of it, complete with suggestions for improvement, but please be gentle with me.

And I hope the link works coz computers and I don't always get on! Here goes:

The Tale of Rumble-Tum Giant.

sauerkraut, I have read only half of the story today... domestic alterations going on here. I won't comment on it yet. I will tomorrow. But it is charming so far.

I can picture your children being so fond of, and familiar with the story you have made up for them that they protest when you forget the tiniest omission from the script. :)

We have some writers on here who would make good writers of childrens books,you are one of them.They are as good as proper published childrens stories.

it's a lovely story which I think is equally as good as any of the stories I have read in children's books.

hazel

I shall think of this story every time I hear thunder now. :)

I bet your children will always remember this one too. I expect they will pass it down to their children too.

A lovely story, and well written in the best traditions of the genre.:)

A lovely story. As I read it I could see the illustrations in my head.

Id offer it for publication if I were you.

Wow, thanks for the positive feedback everyone! :blush: Makes me think it might be worth having a go at getting in to print after all.

Erm - how exactly do you go about trying to get something published?

I'd wondered about asking an artist friend to do some illustrations, but as drawing is how he earns his living I didn't like to ask him to work for nowt, and can't afford to pay, so don't know how to organise that either.

Is work more likely to be accepted if it's "ready illustrated"??

Any tips, anyone? :help:

A lovely story, really enjoyed reading it and can just imagine your children listening as the bedtime story unfolds. I bet they also now think of giants when it thunders.

Thumbs up!:thumbsup: