Help! My sink keeps zapping me.

One thing I will advise though - Avoid the GOLDEN BAR OF DEATH IN DEBENHAMS!!

Gets me every time.

LOL... omg, this sure brings back memories. :D

I don't think I ever thought about why I get a static shock.

if there is any metal on your sink it should be earthed so def get a sparky in as it does sound like a phase to earth fault and its better to be safe than sorry

There is no longer a requirement in the regs to bond a sink - there used to be but it's no longer the case. Some people are actually of the opinion it's safer not to bond it and suggest using plastic fittings in the hot and cold connections so that there's no copper connection to earth........

Sounds like static to be honest but if it's worrying you then get a sparky out.

Purdy - knock yourself out (just don't bleed on the floor if it zaps you big time!) Not quite seeing the thrill side right now, just the ouch pain in the tingerfips side.

Not had a chance to call anyone yet, I would agree it was just static if it hadn't given me a bigger jump last usual a couple of days ago. I could still be wrong though as I was entirely unprepared for it.

I've just thought - if it is static, then it'll shock you when you touch it for the first time, but then if you touch it again asecond or two immediately afterwards (when no charge will have built up) you shouldn't get a shock at all.

However, if it's not static and instead is an earth leak, the electric shocks should always be there and always be a similar 'jolt'.

Touch it twice in a row and tell us what happens! :D