The Big Sheffield Graffiti Thread

i think it would be very respectfull if someone did a huge peice of art on the side of my shop.if i had one..

Originally posted by CRAKaJACK

as has been said already, were not makeing excuses for why we do graffiti, and i dont feel i should have to bother to people like t020 who are so narrow minded that whatever is said all they can think about is their own opinion, everyone does it for their own reasons, if you disagree with it fine, but it is art, maybe not in all cases but just cus its illegal doesnt mean it isnt

and for christ sakes stop calling us yobbo's, youve never met us ! im not makeing assumptions on you although i easily could

agree to disagree, you wont change our opinions and we wont change yours

Don't bother arguing with some people But thats the way they always are - they could be stood in a street full of car pollution, straddling a dead tramp - up to his knees in dog ****e and it would still be the graffiti that offended them so much.

Some people have no sense of proportion.

I believe it is art and the best kind of art. I think it improves the appearance of the environment.

I am far more offended by bill boards advertising products designed to distract the concentration of road users. I believe that is only percieve as such because of reactionary attitudes of scum They don't realise that it is they who are the enemy of taste not graffiti.

I support the graffiti artists and their illegal use of wall space. I also support defacement of corporate advertising. It should be encouraged and then we can get back to a world where taste is subjective and is not legislated against by right-wing biggots. graffit is morally legitamate but politically illegal. I prefer to take the moral high-ground......

Originally posted by miniminch

I prefer to take the moral high-ground......

Which, I believe, is what you are criticising t020 for doing.

The way I see it, graffiti - on someone else's property only - is illegal AND morally wrong.

Originally posted by markham

Which, I believe, is what you are criticising t020 for doing.

The way I see it, graffiti - on someone else's property only - is illegal AND morally wrong.

I think my point was some people take the legal high-ground because what they say is morally ambiguous. I, in comparisson have to take the moral high ground because what i want to see is totally illegal. You see our problem?

Originally posted by THCAyle

i think it would be very respectfull if someone did a huge peice of art on the side of my shop.if i had one..

Just because YOU think that doesn't mean other shop owners think the same. If a shop owner wanted their walls decorating, they would ask for someone to go and paint them. Can you not understand this?

I think my point was T020 takes the legal high-ground because what he say is morally ambiguous. I, in comparisson have to take the moral high ground because what i want to see is totally illegal. You see our problem?

So what you are saying is that because YOU want to see graffiti, then it should be made legal. And if it isn't made legal, then we should grant you the right to break the law and effectively deface other people's (or our) property?

I think my point was T020 takes the legal high-ground because what he say is morally ambiguous. I, in comparisson have to take the moral high ground because what i want to see is totally illegal. You see our problem?

Your point is flawed. How can it possibly be moral to enforce any kind of "art" on to a wall that belongs to someone who didn't ask for it to be put there? The owner of the wall decides who should and should not decorate their wall, it shouldn't be up to other people.

As for your reference to me wishing aids upon people I don't like, that too is also flawed. Whilst I did say some regrettable things, even the one sided chat log doesn't show I wished aids on anyone. That is just stupid. I also find it a bit rich coming from you when you often take it upon yourself to utter thoughtless and offensive "jokes" in threads regarding death, disability, etc.

Originally posted by t020

Your point is flawed. How can it possibly be moral to enforce any kind of "art" on to a wall that belongs to someone who didn't ask for it to be put there? The owner of the wall decides who should and should not decorate their wall, it shouldn't be up to other people.

As for your reference to me wishing aids upon people I don't like, that too is also flawed. Whilst I did say some regrettable things, even the one sided chat log doesn't show I wished aids on anyone. That is just stupid. I also find it a bit rich coming from you when you often take it upon yourself to utter thoughtless and offensive "jokes" in threads regarding death, disability, etc.

OOOOOOOOOOOEEEEERRRRRR GET HER!

Two of my favourite subjects next to graffiti. I take it you didn't get my dead wheel chair user jokes.

So what you are saying is that because YOU want to see graffiti, then it should be made legal. And if it isn't made legal, then we should grant you the right to break the law and effectively deface other people's (or our) property?

God I thought I was being unclear but yes you are so right! I couldn't have put it better myself - thanks mark

Thanks for verifying that. So do you think that car thieves, burglars, paedophiles etc should be allowed to commit their crimes just because they enjoy it and disagree with the laws?

Thanks for verifying that. So do you think that car thieves, burglars, paedophiles etc should be allowed to commit their crimes just because they enjoy it and disagree with the laws?

Ah but that is our point mark. Why should the mere spraying on walls be crimialised in the same way we crimialise muder or child rape. I think you are beginning to realise how ridiculous such a point is.

It is illegal to eat an apple whilst driving. It doesnt make it wrong or dangerous just because the law of this government say it is so.

So I say (and I think my point backs this up) if you believe that something is morally right then you have to do it no matter what the law says. I don't think anyone believes that raping a child is MORALLY right - do they?

I don't think anyone believes that raping a child is MORALLY right - do they?

I sincerely hope not, and surely neither is defacing someone else's property - be it graffiti, arson, smashing windows, cutting down private trees, littering.

You see, I believe I have a moral right to cripple anyone I catch defacing my property, but the law says I can't.....so I won't. Therefore the 'defacer' has the protection of the same legal system he despises.