The Big Sheffield Graffiti Thread

Funnily enough, any complete stranger who demands peoples addresses doesnt tend to get taken seriously.

If you're so desperate to go somewhere with a spraycan, just find the ugliest building in your area and spray that. If you're any good (which i doubt), you'll be contributing something positive into the community, ie transforming some complete eyesore into something attractive.

Probly a bit over your head tho?

Spraying something that looks ugly just makes the area look even more run down and deprived. You really are misguided if you honestly believe that graffiti improves the aesthetic appeal of a place. But further more, you seem to have completely missed my point. The taggers in this thread seem to think they have every right to tag people's property (not just abandoned and disused buildings), so I'm trying to put the boot on the other foot and seeing how many of them would like THEIR property to be tagged. It was probably a bit over your head though.

You really are misguided if you honestly believe that graffiti improves the aesthetic appeal of a place.

And you are clearly a total philistine if you cannot see the beauty that Kid Acne has wrought on our city.

you are clearly a total philistine

He is. This thread could go on forever and he'd still be posting 'give us yer address and I'll come and scribble on your place'.

we are obviously into different things tony, so dont patronise me and the things i like.

Maybe so 7hills ;) I'm quite happy to live and let live with Graff. I do have a problem when it impinges on other peoples lives though. :)

FIISTA was an arse! that's the top and bottom of it. Once he moves into vandalism he loses all his goodwill. I suppose it's about growing up ;)

Still no addresses arriving in my PM inbox. Am I to assume people like unabomber only like graffiti when it's not *their* property being vandalised?

theres a un-written code that most people follow, you dont graff resedential houses etc. plus your obviously going to be ****.

theres a un-written code that most people follow, you dont graff resedential houses etc. plus your obviously going to be ****.

There are an awful lot of your people that forget this "unwritten code". Plus they also look "****".

There are an awful lot of your people that forget this "unwritten code". Plus they also look "****".

have you actually looked at any of the links that people have posted up? like iv said all along if it's done well in reasonable places it looks good and brightens things up. tagging is a different story.

have you actually looked at any of the links that people have posted up? like iv said all along if it's done well in reasonable places it looks good and brightens things up. tagging is a different story.

I have indeed looked - it's just not a genre that fits my personal taste.

If tagging is a different story then why defend THCAyle, who has consistently admitted to tagging in the past, advocates it as a means to becoming infamous and seems unable to see anything wrong with defacing the property of other people?

im not defending THC. im defending graffiti in general. your tarring all graffiti writers and all graffiti with the same brush. you dont like tagging.... fine. im not too keen myself. like iv said before, it isnt all bad. you dont like 142, fine, but dont say all graffiti is mindless vandalism when proper peices take hours, cost the writer a bomb for the paint, 20-30 cans for those ones on the links and are planned out long in advance. you dont just wake up one day and decide, in passing to quickly do this

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6373/0353seizex6ws.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5661/0355seizex21rg.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2903/0361seizex39en.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5404/0370seizex44xx.jpg

ps... the above isn't really my kind of stuff but it's an example of a work in progress.#

check this out too...... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5637100193535639775&q=graffiti.

it's a full length graffiti film called 10 minutes. T020, you'l love it.

Spraying something that looks ugly just makes the area look even more run down and deprived. You really are misguided if you honestly believe that graffiti improves the aesthetic appeal of a place. But further more, you seem to have completely missed my point. The taggers in this thread seem to think they have every right to tag people's property (not just abandoned and disused buildings), so I'm trying to put the boot on the other foot and seeing how many of them would like THEIR property to be tagged. It was probably a bit over your head though.
well tell us who youre talking to then,and what you mean by spraying(tagging or pieces).

no spraying something that looks ugly does make the imidiate area look better

stop genralising please.

well tell us who youre talking to then,and what you mean by spraying(tagging or pieces).

Tagging or 'pieces'. If the permission isn't given, they're in the wrong place.

no spraying something that looks ugly does make the imidiate area look better

stop genralising please.

In YOUR opinion of course. I disagree - in MY opinion, spraying things makes them look even worse.

But above and beyond how awful I think it looks, which is just my own subjective opinion, my main concern is when graffiti affects the property of people or businesses, and I think I've made this clear throughout the thread.

this is starting to get boring now, especially you t020, say something new please.

Can someone give me some good spots to go and get some photos, mainly looking for pieces or anything original. Or any old schools pieces that have survived.