Sheffield Kickboxing Show 15th September 2006

"The not selling tickets is a valid point. One trainer said to me "its not a fighters job to sell tickets" Wrong! "

= The view of a lazy (and Mickey Mouse) promotor.

"The not selling tickets is a valid point. One trainer said to me "its not a fighters job to sell tickets" Wrong! "

= The view of a lazy (and Mickey Mouse) promotor.

LOL I was wondering when Chinny Lynne would show up.

Paul Henessey also holds that view :D

Im sure so does Frank Warren and other boxing promoters :)

Thankfully I dont need to worry about the ticket sales. If anything Im worried about the fact that the demand for the show is oversubscribed :D

One gym asked me for 30 tickets and I was like "umm,... tell you what can I give you 20 for this time, and maybe next time I will be able to allocate you 2 rows?"

So there you have it. I know its easy for you to try and nitpick when you dont understand sheffield's kickboxing scene. Sheffield has been without a busy kickboxing scene for nearly a decade. Hopefully this will be the start of a flourishing hot bed of kickboxing activity and we (the sheffield clubs) will not have to rely on travelling away from home all the time.

For the purpose of clarity , FULL CONTACT= American rules kickboxing wearing long trousers and kicks above the waist.(Denoted by FC)

KICKBOXING= Oriental rules kickboxing wearing shorts and allowing low kicks and use of the knees (Denoted by KB)

FIGHT CARD (PROVISIONAL)

1. YOUSIF IBRAHIM (AFK) Vs ADEAB BANARIS (DERBY)

JUNIOR FC (Age 14 , Weight 45kg)

2.OLIVER WOOLARD (LAU GAR) Vs JAMIE SHEPHERD (ROKARD)

MIDDLEWEIGHT FC

3.DANIEL RENSHAW (BLACK DRAGONS) Vs SHAWN RODGERS

MIDDLEWEIGHT FC

4.ROWDIE LOUGHLIN (AFK ) Vs CRAIG (REZA'S GYM LONDON) SUPERWELTERWEIGHT FC

5.RIK VEEVERS (MAVERICKS) Vs PAUL CROPPER (LAU GAR) LIGHTWELTERWEIGHT FC

6.DAVE PURKISS (ANDY MARLOW'S GYM) Vs JONATHAN LANE (TEESIDE) MIDDLEWEIGHT KB

7.SHANE BEARD (SDUK) Vs STEVE WILSON(TEESIDE)

SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT KB

8.NAZ KHAN (AFK) Vs ASHLEY GOODWIN (KAOBON)

FEATHERWEIGHT KB

9.AMJED " MANFREDO " SHAFFIQUE (AFK) Vs MARTIN GRIFFITHS (WALES)

LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT KB

10.SAM DAVIDSON (DERBY) Vs ADAM LAWRENCE (LAU GAR)

LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT FC

11.GRAHAM MCNULTY (MAVERICKS) Vs MAJEID (REZA'S GYM LONDON)

WELTERWEIGHT FC

12.MAX ELLIS (LAU GAR) VS JOHN MORGAN (BCCMA LONDON)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT FC

13.JULIAN BRAMOLD (MARSDENS) Vs HAMZA "JET LI" MAJEID (KURDISTAN)

CRUISERWEIGHT FC

14.SCOTT SYKES (SDUK) Vs DANNY PARKER (KAOBON)

LIGHTWELTERWEIGHT KB

What an exciting card so far!!!

Incredible mix of Full contact and Kickboxing.One junior bout, 8 Full contact bouts and 5 kickboxing bouts so far. Still waiting on confirmation for 3 more fights too!

Im so excited I cant contain it all!

Thankfully I dont need to worry about the ticket sales. If anything Im worried about the fact that the demand for the show is oversubscribed :D

One gym asked me for 30 tickets and I was like "umm,... tell you what can I give you 20 for this time, and maybe next time I will be able to allocate you 2 rows?"

So there you have it. I know its easy for you to try and nitpick when you dont understand sheffield's kickboxing scene. Sheffield has been without a busy kickboxing scene for nearly a decade. Hopefully this will be the start of a flourishing hot bed of kickboxing activity and we (the sheffield clubs) will not have to rely on travelling away from home all the time.

nice one!!!!!!:P

nice one!!!!!!:P

Hey Cherry Cake ,

I will have those Tickets and posters for you on Thursday. Im taking Thursday because Mark is away for the week.

Do you want me to bring those Gloves as well?

See you tomorrow.

lol, he would. I've been to some of his shows costing £20 a ticket to find 6 fights (all main fights cancelled) in a ****ty venue with about 300 people.

Maybe the onus for home fighters should be on selling tickets. But all fighters. lol.

Hey Cherry Cake ,

I will have those Tickets and posters for you on Thursday. Im taking Thursday because Mark is away for the week.

Do you want me to bring those Gloves as well?

See you tomorrow.

dont bring them down til next week need all the money i can get while my family r on holiday i will let u know wen i want them

louise might but i dont know rather than trainlin them down ile let u know wen i have the money 1st x

lol, he would. I've been to some of his shows costing £20 a ticket to find 6 fights (all main fights cancelled) in a ****ty venue with about 300 people.

Maybe the onus for home fighters should be on selling tickets. But all fighters. lol.

This is about home fighters. I dont emphasise away fighters selling tickets at all. In fact I dont even send the tickets to away fighters until its like 3 or 4 weeks away. I prefer to sell the tickets to the home camps first then whats left can be sold to away fighters, I know that sounds mean but if you have limited seats then you have to look after your own crowd first.

For example the tables. The locals quite often want the tables. One particular trainer asked me politely " Can we have all the tables please?" I said "sure you can" only to find more and more people asking for a VIP table for their family. Now I sell the tickets on an "allocation " scheme.

To slag off Paul Henessey is totally incorrect. Paul Henessey is the main promoter in kickboxing in the UK and has the rights to ISKA, WAKO-Pro and K-1 .

It seems to me that you take a lot of pleasure in slating and slandering promoters. Has the sport been that bad to you ?

:cry:

I feel for you I really do.

"To slag off Paul Henessey is totally incorrect. Paul Henessey is the main promoter in kickboxing in the UK and has the rights to ISKA, WAKO-Pro and K-1 .

It seems to me that you take a lot of pleasure in slating and slandering promoters. Has the sport been that bad to you ?"

lol, where did I slag off Paul Hennesey? I said that one of his shows was particularly poor, a view that was shared by most in th audience thta night.

And if you're implying i've slagged you off too..... please show me where.

lol @ the sport been bad to me. I'm here because of the nonsense you spout on many forums over t'internet Kickboxingidiot, nothing else.

"To slag off Paul Henessey is totally incorrect. Paul Henessey is the main promoter in kickboxing in the UK and has the rights to ISKA, WAKO-Pro and K-1 .

It seems to me that you take a lot of pleasure in slating and slandering promoters. Has the sport been that bad to you ?"

lol, where did I slag off Paul Hennesey? I said that one of his shows was particularly poor, a view that was shared by most in th audience thta night.

And if you're implying i've slagged you off too..... please show me where.

lol @ the sport been bad to me. I'm here because of the nonsense you spout on many forums over t'internet Kickboxingidiot, nothing else.

LOL Such a paradox. You try to have a sly dig then you back off. I can honestly see you doing that in real life too. I.E backing off very quickly :)

OK so you say you havent slagged me off but your here because of the nonsense i supposedly spout on the internet?

What sense does that make? Your here for what purpose? To slag people off? Or because I hold opinions that you disagree with? If so then go and post it on the "martial arts politics " thread. As that is where your warped opinions belong.

Also dont be too quick to post your real name for your own sake having implicated Paul Henesseys name into the whole mix :)

LOL , Im sorry that the sport has been bad to you . But im even sorrier that Im not really bothered about helping you either :)

LOL

Im sure that I can teach you a lot about promotion. When people go to a show they are there for a full evenings entertainment not just the fights. The catering is just as important and people who have paid for ringside/VIP seats have always been more than happy with the food.

The atmosphere has always been exciting and the matches full of controversy!

At AFK we set the standards for others to follow.

[in my best, shiniest shell suit and best perm] "Calm down, lads. Caaalm down!". Lets all chill and try and discuss grievances sensibly and without insults, please.

"At AFK we set the standards for others to follow."

Hahahahaha!!! I've been to proper shows before, don't think i'll bother with your 200 people in a church hall thanks.

"ou try to have a sly dig then you back off. I can honestly see you doing that in real life too. I.E backing off very quickly"

Errrrr, nope. I stated my opinion of a show. There was no backing off, my opinion still stands. What actually happened was that you accused be of slating/slandering promotors. lol, read the thread carefully.

And lol @ me bringing Paul Hennsey into it. Again, read very carefully.