No balloons at the balloon festival!

Well i watched a Balloon come down just off Midhurst RD foxhill yesterday morning about 8.30... you could here them screaming trying to keep it up...

those power lines looked to close for comfort!! :o

Please note this lads and lasses. Just returned from Rother Valley . Compared to Grave Park, fantastic. Costs a fiver to go in ,but that's for a car full, and on top of all the superb entertainment, you get the water and the birds(both types) for free.Lively and friendly. Even their tea and chips weren't bad. Believe it or not, the tea was hot. Rother Valley next year for me. Both days.

Sorry we missed you, Strix's. 4:00 - what time d'yer call that then :D

'Hometime' in your book? ;) (have you emptied your PM inbox yet BTW? )

Hmmmm, we were more impressed with the free event in Norfolk park last year - bigger, more stalls, and free.

It was a pleasant enough couple of hours, had a mooch round the craft tent, watched the balloons being inflated, though for safety reasons they were tethered to the ground and bounced into each other frequently in the wind, then bought ourselves a kite :)

I'm damned glad we didn't pack a picnic, coz like Foxxx, we'd have had wine in it. I'm disgusted at how you were treated Foxxx. Clearly a group of people who were here for a day out, not just one lap round the field and out again.

No wonder it was a bit empty :suspect:

C**p Has anyone been today, i went with my husband and 4yr old daughter, looking forward to seeing some balloons and craft stalls etc we saw 3 balloons in 2 hours and craft stalls what craft stalls, thought we would get some food for 2 hog roasts and a bacon sandwich £10.50, Well my jaw nearly dropped off walked past another place selling chicken, 3 pieces of chicken and chips £6.50, i cant believe that people can charge so much.

in total for a 3hours i spent nearly £30 on nothing

Why do they charge so much to go on childrens rides it was coasting £1.50 -£2.00 for one go. Sorry to go on

Then i thought i would get my little girl a balloon as i could'nt afford for her to go on many rides

She got all excited and i was charged £4.00 for a helium balloon £4.00

The european market in sheffield was more fun then this place. :rant::rant::rant:

Rother Valley.

Free to walk in (as we and hundreds of others did from the Beighton side).

The £5 was just a car charge if you drove in the main gate. Still cheap.

No hassle. Lots of fun. Live music. Fairground rides. Stalls. Free face painting for the kids in return for a donation to t'Childrens' Hospital. Other free/donation stuff. Happy beer drinkers with no trouble. Dogs allowed. Campers.

Were you there?

Well i watched a Balloon come down just off Midhurst RD foxhill yesterday morning about 8.30... you could here them screaming trying to keep it up...

those power lines looked to close for comfort!! :o

they landed there on purpose. I was in the field with my dogs when it came down, one of them told me it had taken over 1 hour to cross the city centre due to no wind so they put down in the field and loaded it into the support car. Madowl, if you saw a guy with a GSD and a Collie, that was me .

Dave..

said this before i believe its sheffield council who is at fault its pay pay in sheffield the only decent thing is fright night is free untill a crackpot idea to charge to get in

also one came down in hillsborough park as well

I went last year, was just the same then!!!!!!!!!!

Did you hear about the Hook a Duck at the balloon festival? £2 a go, if you hook a duck with a fish on it, you win a fish!! Catch is, every duck has a fish on it! They then sell you a cheap plastic bowl for £5!

Can anyone confirm this?

But you didn't have to buy the bowl, I saw a few kids with just bags of fish.

I bet you can buy em for cheaper than £2 though.