No balloons at the balloon festival!

We were going to go to this but hubby is on a double shift tommorow so we didn't bother - seems as though we didn't miss much

We are/were planning on going tomorrow but not so sure now. Anyone know what the weather forecast is for tomorrow? My son is so loking forward to it too :(

Yes it is £2.50 to get in it did say so on the posters. Yes the coke is £1.50 which is about normal for all out door events and is that price at most football grounds and they take the lid off. The rides are £2 - £2.50 but discount vouchers are in Saturdays star. Do i feel ripped off yes but then again im proberbly a misrable old sod my kids enjoyed it the wife was happy to so did i moan my head off about having to take them no. Anyway having been at scunny today and also millmoor yesterday to see the blades how can i complain about spending £10.

There was only two ballons the other year when I last went, my niece took my kids today, please tell me she was lying when she told me it cost £4 for my lad to have his face painted??!

it was rubbish - simple as that - there was nowt going on when i was there except for fairground rides and food stalls.

£2.50 charged to give you the privilege of spending more money!

terrible event.:rant:

Coming along the Parkway into town at about 8 this morning, we saw 5 balloons over the city. Not exactly sure where they were, but since the balloon festival is this weekend, we presumed they were to do with that...

Well heres the councils page for this event with at the bottom a link to email or phone someone from the council for further info so if you are really not happy bombard his inbox. Although it does say on there £2 to park the car which i didnt pay. Did anyone go to the Party in the park at Rother valley did they get the balloons up.

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out--about/parks-woodlands--countryside/events/major-outdoor-events/balloon

When i got there at 7.30 ish the balloon people tried to put up two balloons and some people where doing a display with kites. The balloons when inflated where being tossed about by the gusts of wind. They decided about 8.45ish that they could not use the balloons for safety resons and went ahead with baskets instead. Apparently they said if the wind has gusts of more thamn 6 knots its not safe. The balloons in questions where alka seltzer and a dhl the photos my youngster took say 20.33 so if you didnt see them you must have been later than that at the arena part or earlier than they started trying to put them up.

I went, must say, I won't be going again.

What do you expect for £2.50 though.

this event is usually good but i agree the 2 pound 50 is putting people off the other ballon fetsivals that kc promotions have run have been a sucees when i saw the line up for the fair i must say i was dissapointed the first balloon festival 5 years ago was good so was the fair with plenty of what in the business is called big hittter rides now its the usual yorkshire fair rides . when i saw what turned up on thursday i thought i would rather work and earn some decent money instead of paying 2.50 ? might watch pull down of fair tommorow if i can get in that is .

I happened to be in Graves Park on Friday evening and can report there were two hot air ballons which went up. I don't remember any others being in evidence. But at least I didn't pay £2.50!