Hinde House Comprehensive

both reports were nothing to do with the cancer scare at hh. the scare arose from the fabric of the building think it was asbestos panels under the windows. the school was closed for a time and the pupils attended the old carbrook school at attercliffe. there was a story about this in the sheffield star and a group set up to find out the cause a girl i went to school with set it up because an unusual pattern formed because some pupils were affected from the same year? will try to find the report later when i got time

Nice one ric ...

I had Miss Gregorian for English, though she had trouble speaking it, she was rather feisty.

I remember the riot. It was about the school uniform, being predominantly grey. Old Edwards was colour blind, you see.

Does no one remember Mr Hill, head of Chantry and Mrs Merryweather (Merrylegs) the music teacher?

There was Mr Powell the chemistry teacher who bore a remarkable resemblance to Beaker from the Muppets and Mr Holmes the Physics teacher with the flat cap.

Mr Ridgeway was a bit harsh as I recall, but always fair. Mr Edwards was as weird as they come. Yes Miss Pitts was more attractive than Mr Eccersley for french.

---------- Post added 14-11-2018 at 08:45 ----------

I was at Hinde House from 69 to 76. I remember playing Mr Creakle from Nicholas Nickleby on the School float in the Lord Mayor's Parade and winning the Sir Stuart Goodwin Trophy. Saw a different side to Mr Ridgeway that day. He was so chuffed with us.

Remember Mr Hill, Mr Powell and Holmes but not Mrs Merryweather

Remember Mr Hill, Mr Powell and Holmes but not Mrs Merryweather

I remember Harry Holmes from his Owler Lane days. My fingers are still tingling. :)

Doc Martin Biology , Mr White RE were a couple of other teachers

Posted (edited)
On 10/05/2004 at 10:37, wickerman said:

Hi, and thanks for the reply. Yes you started basically just as I had finished, and had to start at a school in Gloucestershire which was a major cultural shock (not entirely positive). I remember Miss Grigorian very well, I suppose hundreds of years ago she would have been Persian, she was quite cool. But Edwards and Turner were quite the stormtroopers I recall.

Is it true that there was a riot at Hinde House early in your time there? I heard rumour that the kids threw the chairs at the teachers on the assembly hall stage and it made the Sheffield newspaper.

Cheers.

Julian

Miss Grigorian came from Nepal...

Edited by EdmundH
spelling mistake

On 24/05/2019 at 22:51, EdmundH said:

Miss Grigorian came from Nepal...

I always thought she was as wickerman said Persian.