Hinde House Comprehensive

Hi everyone

I attended HH 1969/72. Allbeit a short period I do have vivid recollections of the dreaded Mr E and his deputy Spam. Does anyone remember Mr Butterworth - English and the wife and husband pair who taught commerce? If you have any fond memories of these guys please share.

Anyone know of Pat Whitehouse and Susan **** and Diane whose mother was a typing teacher? Also Everton Lawrence, Lloyd and Brian Galloway, Lindy Shawsmith, Valerie Neita, Eula Treasure, Jean Parson, Barbara Patterson, Claudette Richards, Kieth Lannaman, **** Hamilton.

Any news about these and anyone else from that era would be much appreciated. Indeed any news about anybody - so long as it's as entertaining as the above offerings.

Remember Everton well, not seen him for few years, but according to my mate at work George Morris (Trunny), he still hangs about around Pitsmoor. I seem to remember a "Ben Galloway" was he related ?

Thanks Shaunfl

Glad to see that there is actually someone out there now. Actually went to Sheffield today but didn't manage to go past the old place or see anyone. Spoke to Everton on phone but didn't get to see him. No, Ben wasn't related to the other two - he was one of them. Some people called Brian, Ben. I understand that they no longer live in Sheffield.

Keep me posted - and I'll do the same.

Thanks Shaunfl

Glad to see that there is actually someone out there now. Actually went to Sheffield today but didn't manage to go past the old place or see anyone. Spoke to Everton on phone but didn't get to see him. No, Ben wasn't related to the other two - he was one of them. Some people called Brian, Ben. I understand that they no longer live in Sheffield.

Keep me posted - and I'll do the same.

Trej,

did you originally go to Earl Marshall ?, if so I,ve got a rough idea who you are.

The name of the white haired Physics teacher was Mr Holmes.He taught the exact same lessons year after year almost word for word. Miss Grigorian was my form tutor. I also remember Mr Firth and Miss Barwell. Mr Gittings for our Biology teacher. Mr Mulligan taught me A level Accounts when I could be bothered to turn up. Mr Carr taught music.

Hi Shaunfl

No, I didn't go to Earl Marshall - keep guessing.

I am surprised that more people aren't logged into this. I have only just got on board so perhaps I'm not the right person to be saying that.

I know Winsome Munroe who went to Earl Marshall. Do you know anything of Marilyn & Faith McFarlane, 'Big Fat' Molly, Elsie?

Keep in touch, looking forward to your next guess.

Trej

Hello fellow Hind Housers

I went to HH from 1971 to1976 and was there at the riot I remember how it started but not the reasons for it.

It was in those times when striking was in the news, anyway there was quite a a number of kids in the upper school hall when the bell went and a guy called Stephen Lee AKA Lurch shouted everyone out and everyone just piled out of the building and sat down outside the woodwork room.

I don't remember why it happened but it got in the Star.

Does anyone remember the prize giving at the City Hall and the carnage that followed in the town centre afterwards?

Yes I remember Elaine Self and Cathrine Earnshaw - just. I was at Hinde house from about 1968 to 1974 and left after 6th form. Anyone remember Graham Laycock, Michael Hobson, The Sturrock twins?

Andrew Harrison

Hi Shaunfl

No, I didn't go to Earl Marshall - keep guessing.

I am surprised that more people aren't logged into this. I have only just got on board so perhaps I'm not the right person to be saying that.

I know Winsome Munroe who went to Earl Marshall. Do you know anything of Marilyn & Faith McFarlane, 'Big Fat' Molly, Elsie?

Keep in touch, looking forward to your next guess.

Trej

Hi Trej

I remember a Robert Munroe from Pye Bank School, I used to work with his Dad, John. I remember him telling me Robert died in the police cells. Do you remember him? I think they lived on Melrose. What about the Montagues,Richard, Frank and David, know them? lived on Rock St.

By the way I thought you may be Trevor Jones, your not are you? Rupert Wiisdom is another name that springs to mind, I remember walking home from work the morning Bob Marley died and I met up with Rupert, poor guy , he was gutted !!

Do you remember or know me ? :huh::huh:

Yes I remember Elaine Self and Cathrine Earnshaw - just. I was at Hinde house from about 1968 to 1974 and left after 6th form. Anyone remember Graham Laycock, Michael Hobson, The Sturrock twins?

Andrew Harrison

remember Elaine,Michael and the Sturrock twins but can't recall their names.

Hi Shaunfl

Good to see you are reading the post. Yes I knew Robert and the Munroe family very well. Sorry but I can't put a face to the name. I hear there was a school reunion last weekend. Did you go? Hear that there's been a few people of our age group who passed away recently. Of course you would have heard about Godfather. Might be attending the funeral. Until we speak again - keep guessing (cos I'm not Trevor).

Best regards gheto child.

Hi Shaunfl

Good to see you are reading the post. Yes I knew Robert and the Munroe family very well. Sorry but I can't put a face to the name. I hear there was a school reunion last weekend. Did you go? Hear that there's been a few people of our age group who passed away recently. Of course you would have heard about Godfather. Might be attending the funeral. Until we speak again - keep guessing (cos I'm not Trevor).

Best regards gheto child.

Hi Trej, did not go to reunion, someone usually lets me know when there is one, but not this time. The Godfather bit confused me, but a chat with George(Milton-Trunny) Morris put me in the picture. I did not know (Derek?) Godfather very well, remember seeing him in the Toll Gate a while ago, but George will be at the funeral on thursday. I worked and went clubbing etc. with Gerald Saunders for quite a long time, his was the last funeral I went to, so young !

Shaun

Hi Trej, did not go to reunion, someone usually lets me know when there is one, but not this time. The Godfather bit confused me, but a chat with George(Milton-Trunny) Morris put me in the picture. I did not know (Derek?) Godfather very well, remember seeing him in the Toll Gate a while ago, but George will be at the funeral on thursday. I worked and went clubbing etc. with Gerald Saunders for quite a long time, his was the last funeral I went to, so young !

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

where do you get to know about reunions?

F.