Best Chinese food in Sheffield?

Mange on Heeley Green, good food and very generous portions

Wok this Way at Walkley/Commonside is fantastic. Been to alot of chinese take aways in my time, but this one has really fresh ingredients, all cooked in front of you. No stodge or frozen/limp veggies in sight. The range of sauces - schezuan, black bean, satay, kung po etc are all good.

Quote... I cant believe nobody has mentioned Wok this Way at Walkey? I have tried most of the above but this wins hands down!

You even watch them cook it - and i dont mean like canton king through the beaded curtain - its on a different level!

I think someone did! :)

Wok this Way was sending the Sun Kong out of business when we were living in Walkely - we never tried them as we'd have felt too guilty about abonding our old favourite.

No we use the Hong Kong Garden (or could be kitchen??) at the top of Ecclesall Road nr HSBC.

Has anyone tried the Abbeydale Road one by the new Vets - we keep getting offers through our door for them>>

So, what's the recommendation for delivery in Fox Hill area? There is one just at the top of the hill but I didn't think it was great.

Used to get from Xang Sung Lea (sp?) on Middlewood road but they seem to be closed now.

I go to Hing Lung on Abbeydale Rd. every week, that place is great. Been to Candytown, brilliant - also really like Tim Po, been there several times, was suprised when someone posted earlier that they liked Candytown but not Tim Po.

Need to check out more places though, Wok This Way in Walkley seems to be getting some good reviews.

Went to Golden Dragon years ago (is it called Wong Ting now?) when my parents were visiting, I wasn't feeling that well that day, so just had some rice and stir fried veg (which was very nice) but yeah my folks and I were the only people in there who weren't Chinese, and it was totally full.

Must go back and check it out properly.

My vote goes to Wok This Way in Walkley...flippin' lovely!

As for the Canton King (Hillsborough), I've only been there once. Portions were massive, but the food wasn't brilliant.

I really like Hong Kong Garden on the top of ecclesall rd, next to HSBC! really nice food! always go on a friday and get special fried rice and deep fried chilli king prawns....proper tasty, and you can see the chefs cook 2! they do a 10% student discount, which is good 4 me!! :D.

We've just ordered from Angel on Chesterfield Road, and It was really nice. The Kung Po Beef was nice and spicy, the chow mein was fresh and crunchy, the basic chicken curry was wolfed down by its recipient, and the Thai green curry was very tasty. Portions are large too.

£10.50 for four main meals (I'm always tight and make my own rice!), and a small delivery charge isn't bad for four full tummies, and not having to cook it myself, especially as it tasted good!

It's not a restaurant but a take-away. The WILD RICE on London is wonderful. Though I am not a fan of any spicy food, I love their chilli spiced squid. Yum yum, indeed.

It's not a restaurant but a take-away. The WILD RICE on London is wonderful. Though I am not a fan of any spicy food, I love their chilli spiced squid. Yum yum, indeed.

ooh yum this sounds good