Ex Wybourn school pupils

I know of the Jubb girls - they worked at J Stead, Manor works on Cricket Inn Road. I wa there 1959 to February 1963. Went out with joyce Jubb a couple of times in 1962 - nice girl. I left Sheffield in 1967 and moved to driffield, East Yorkshire, still have a house there. also have a house in Malaysia, near Kuala Lumpur where I spend about 10 months of each year

I also remember a guy who worked on the packing bay at Steads, he was married to one of the Jubb girls - Billy Foulstone, worked with a guy, also lived on Wybourne, by the name of Sid Marshall. Can remember many more but not their names. Billy will be around late 70's, mat be even 80 ish now

I marred a girl from Manor Park in 1963, she also worked at Steads - Margaret Turner from Beumont Way, but divorced in 1982

Best Wishes - Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I know of the Jubb girls - they worked at J Stead, Manor works on Cricket Inn Road. I wa there 1959 to February 1963. Went out with joyce Jubb a couple of times in 1962 - nice girl. I left Sheffield in 1967 and moved to driffield, East Yorkshire, still have a house there. also have a house in Malaysia, near Kuala Lumpur where I spend about 10 months of each year

I also remember a guy who worked on the packing bay at Steads, he was married to one of the Jubb girls - Billy Foulstone, worked with a guy, also lived on Wybourne, by the name of Sid Marshall. Can remember many more but not their names. Billy will be around late 70's, mat be even 80 ish now

I marred a girl from Manor Park in 1963, she also worked at Steads - Margaret Turner from Beumont Way, but divorced in 1982

hi there i worked at steads in the stainless steel dept with big john & little john

also winnie who did the orders went there when i left wybourn school

was there with the shaws & dennis morgan, all my family lived on the wybourn, now we live all over sheffield

Hi, Im married to one of the sons of doreen jubb, the other jubb girls are my hubbys aunts! Sorry to tell you that Billy is no longer with us. He died 22 years ago. Its a pity i didnt meet my father in law, i hear he was a very fine man.

miss piggy so sorry to here billy died i remember him at steads still see some of your family the jubbs, also lived near my auntie Rita's (jackson's) on manor oaks road all my family lived on the wybourn ( Bark's Jackson's & Warris) it was areal nice place to live then it's just a pity we car'nt turn the clocks back lol x

hi there did you live on manor oaks road next to the jacksons, your name rings a bell but car'nt place you in school

Dear Miss Piggy,

Thank you for the update re Billy having passed away, last time I saw him would be when I left Steads in February 1963.

I particularly remember Doris Juibb and her younger sister Joyce from that time

Since then I moved to Driffield near Bridlington, started a business which became a group of companies, and since 2006 have exapnded into Malaysia and export continually to the Middle East and India.

I spend most of the year at my home in Subang Jaya near to Kuala Lumpur and about 1 month a year at my home in Driffield. Nerver go to the UK in winter too cold and too expensive. In Malaysia we have summer every day of the year - today it is almost 100 degrees at 9-30am

Thank You again for the information - Best Wishes - Grey Eminence - known at Steads as Victor Hutchinson in Production Control with Ray Walker (also now deceased after a long illness)

Anyone go back as far as 1962 leavers?

It`s the time the prefect system was introduced. First head girl was Pat Ritchie (a swot!) followed by Cynthia Thompson. They were friends of Pat Ibbotson who married David Mc Greagor. Classmates were Susan Drabble, Kathleen Dore, Joan Quinn, and Janet Hunt who I note someone mentioned was wider than she was long - not nice! She married Michael Ward, and another class romance which led to marriage was David Turton and Janet Whitmore. Form teacher was Miss Maycock who had a reputation as a battleaxe, but was good under the surface. Third year teacher was Mrs. Jenkinson, always looking crisp and fresh in white blouses and spotted dirndle skirts, with plimsoles all ready for the next PE session. She was a good teacher, and I took an interest in Geography with her. She made subjects interesting, but ruled with an iron rod. She once blew her top over something or other in class, and in anger reeled off names of the only decent girls in the class. These were Pat Ritchie, Cynthia Thompson, Susan Drabble, Pat Ibbotson and one or two more. Needless to say they were all sent to Coventry by the other pupils, and it wasn`t their fault. Cynthia was a nice girl and I remember she was , voted "nicest girl in the class" in year 4. She was doing the rounds for Mr. Nott at the time, collecting staff dinner money etc., and Carol Roberts instigated the vote in her absence, and embarrassed her with results on her return, saying it was because she was clever but didn`t show off. Another pupil around that time was Linda Weightman, a very shy and quiet girl who was a friend of Rita Legatt, who sadly died at a young age. Elaine Fieldhouse was the same year, as was Rita Damms who married Keith Melon. Seems a lot of courting was going on!!! I remember Mr. Beeley the science teacher who used to talk to us about things other than science, and asked us not to tell Miss Maycock who wouldn`t approve. Poor old Isaac Quastel had a breakdown after a fight in class with a pupil, and not sure he ever returned. Miss Wright, a friend of Mrs. Jenkinson used to teach PE also, and she tried to act strict but couldn`t carry it off and control us.

Edited by thornlea

Hi All,,, Went to Wybourn school left in 1964 hated every minute,remember most of the teachers and lots of the pupil names.We lived on wybourne house road and the Jubbs lived at the top of our garden,nice familyand yes we could go to bed and never locked the back door and what a community it was, everybody knew each other and looked out for one and other. I loved my time growing up on the wybourn and wouldnt have changed it for the world,,,but I hated that school.....remember blackboard jungle made the sheffield star. Anybody remember the Kitchin family ????

I lived at the top of your garden from 1946 to 1956. Used to be a friend of Velma. Went to St Johns. We lived at my Grandma s. Daykin . I often spent time at yours. Lovely family. Would love to hear from Velma. I often wonder about her ,Brian and the two girls.

Hi I went to Wybourn School before going to Hurlfield

I was there from 1969-74 I think :)

I left wybourn school in 1958 anyone on here left around that time?