What were you told as a kid that actually turned out to be cobblers?

Also when i was much younger my mom used to tell me i was eating chicken stew, when in fact it was rabbit stew....i used to hate seeing the dead rabbits hung up in the market and i refused to eat them.

Aww...they are dead cute. Pardon the pun.

I tried rabbit stew for the first time ever over the weekend, and it does tastes like chicken. :nod: Your mom was right.

I was also told that I used to have another sister, who died and was now in heaven. My mom told me this whenever it was Mid-Autumn's festival, and I had to pray towards the sky. Then she said my sister looked like the girl on this special cake tin we have for this kind of occasion. :rolleyes: ...

What cobblers thinking about it. I just remember being really confused by it. lol.

My mum told me and my sister (trying to convince us to have our long hair cut off) that if we had our hair cut it would grow back very quick and twice as long...we believed her and reluctantly had our hair cut believing this tale.....its never been long since!!!! :(

Cayanne

you really in the alps???

No, but it's like the Alps up here in Winter. Hotter in Summer as we're nearer the sun.

I fell into a rose bush when I was about seven. My Dad told me I would get the dreaded greenfly disease, and I believed him. I was cacking myself for days afterwards. My dad was twisted like that :)

:roll:I got told by my....

Dad

He'd had his ears lowered... :suspect: (hair cut)

Going to meet a man about a Dog... going to the pub in other words

Mum

Dont stick ya tongue out... you'll never get it back in again...

If i held my mouth open for too long a Bus would drive in... (now thats scary! :o ) :hihi:

Faggots are nice... :gag:

Sister

Whilst sleeping my toys would come alive and play :o:cry:

The Boogey man would come and get me!

Uncle

He'd pulled my nose off!? even tho it had a thumb nail in it... :o:hihi:

Mum & Dad

If i went to sleep quicker the tooth fairy would soon appear... basically they wanted an early night!

If i played nicely i'd get something nice... :huh:

Never swallow pips as i'd have a tree or bush grow inside me...

Thunder was God moving his furniture about upstairs...

Pains in my legs were growing pains...

Random!

If you bit your nails... they'd grow out ya back...

Not eating your crusts would give you curly hair...

Eating carrots helps you see in the dark!

I was told I could have been a space man but my dad was drunk the night I was concieved.

My mum used to tell me that if i ate the burnt toast she often gave me that my hair would go curly....it never did :roll::sad:

mmmmmm. am seething right now with my parents ( I am soooo gullible) as they told me that burnt toast would give you warts! Have believed to this day and have a phobia about eating slightly burnt toast. god they screw you up don't they?

My father was scottish and told me that haggis was actually a real animal and that there were low-flying haggis and high-flying haggis, one day we went to scotland for the day when i was 5 or 6 and my parents pointed to some birds flying about over a hill and told me that they were actually low-flying haggis - and i told all my friends at school next day.

also all through school me mam convinced me that i had to have a language GCSE to get into college - was well p*$$ed off when i found out that wasnt true as languages were not a compulsary option then (b*tch!)

Another one i've remembered which was told to me whilst travelling in the back of my parents car on the long journey's we took to get to some damp camsite or another, was that the sheep on hillsides had two legs shorter on one side of their body so that they could walk on the hillside without falling over!

it never occurred to me that if they sheep ever turned round it would fall over! :confused:

When I was a kid I couldn't bear the thought of eating anything from an animal so to make me eat something my mum told me that ham grew from the 'Ham Bush'. I believed her until I was about ten. :(

I remember me & my sister telling a friend who visited her nan who lived next door to us that we were from Calafornia, we had a ranch with horses called Champion & Goldy, that we had to carry guns coz it was dangerous over there & that I'd even killed a man by shooting him (i watched too many movies). She was a couple of years younger than us but she must've believed us because I've never been so embarrased as I was when she told her nan & mum in front of us. I knew they'd know we were lying.