Safestyle UK Windows, Not their sales technique - their actual work

My mum and dad have had them put new windows in a house they used to live in and their work and general attitude after the work was done was pretty bad.

Examples: they turned up to do the job, first day they dropped one of the windows and broke it.

They broke my mum and dad's bathroom light shade and weren't going to tell them - my mum noticed it was missing and had to ask where it was, where they then owned up, it took her badgering to get some money out of them to replace said light shade.

They fitted an upstairs window, didn't put it central in the hole and it had too wide a gap at once side, which they poly-filled in (or whatever you use around windows)

The missed putting on the screw covers and my mum had to phone them constantly to get these sent through the post, they eventually send some but they were the wrong one's. They got the right one's after more phone calls.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know, but my mum and dad were not impressed.

The only experience I have had was at a customers house.

He had them fitted just after I did some aerial/satellite work and wanted me to do some extra points. As I looked at the work I felt the need to point out the problems to the customer as, along with a pile of other things, they had drilled the winows to allow an aerial cable to enter.

No way did I want the customer to think I had done it.

Gosh, thread from the past :o. We didn't use them for the work, judging by this it was the right decision.

We used them several years ago to fit windows throughout the house, there were several things wrong with the job and after several phone calls and failed promises to put things right, we phoned saying we wanted the doors doing but were very wary because of the faults with the windows, lo and behold the windows were put right within a few days and we kind of forgot to place the order for the doors

My mate got ripped of by these cowboys, they measured up wrong when it came to fitting, they obviously didnt fit right and they wouldnt take the blame, bunch of JOKAS!!!

anyone used weatherseal, they say they have been in the business for over 40 years??

We used Coldseal at our previous house to replace the doors and they filled in inch gap at the side of the door frame with just basic filler. Dog dug a hole in it one day while we were at work so not overly impressed with Coldseal although arent they out of business now?

We went with Safestyle at our new house and they did a pretty good job, sometimes you have to push one of the door handles up to get the key to turn all the way round (does that mean the door has dropped slightly?) but thats about it.

Mr Beddoe79

We used Coldseal at our previous house to replace the doors and they filled in inch gap at the side of the door frame with just basic filler. Dog dug a hole in it one day while we were at work so not overly impressed with Coldseal although arent they out of business now?

We went with Safestyle at our new house and they did a pretty good job, sometimes you have to push one of the door handles up to get the key to turn all the way round (does that mean the door has dropped slightly?) but thats about it.

Mr Beddoe79

coldseal are still very much in business but under a different name,i recently had some work done by an excellent company called class windows and the fella in charge told me they have had 2-3 differnt names since they went "bust" he did tell me the names but i forget what they were.