What are you reading at the moment ?

i'm reading the diary of anne frank. it is an absolutly amazing book. i hav just finished reading sophies world (can't remember who it is by) which was quite a weird thriller. i recommend them both. does anyone know of any other good books worth reading over this summer? i'm desperate!

Jostein Gaarder wrote Sophie's World and it is brill - if you liked it I'd recommend the Solitaire Mystery which is also by him

i'm reading the diary of anne frank. it is an absolutly amazing book. i hav just finished reading sophies world (can't remember who it is by) which was quite a weird thriller. i recommend them both. does anyone know of any other good books worth reading over this summer? i'm desperate!

Sam, I think it depends on which type of novel suits you.Thats why I like this writing part,as everyone likes different writers. Now if a writer doesnt grab me in the first two pages, I dont go any further.I cant for instance stand Romantic novels(the Catherine Cookson type)as its just not my scene.Ive got a funny sense of humour,thats why I like"Fear of Flying"by Erica Jong,but you may not.I also dont like Sci-Fi,but think I should try & read it.I would never recommend a book to another person,as they may hate it.

At the moment I'm reading 4th of July by James Patterson, I've enjoyed all his books especially The Lake House. I'm also reading Pat Cash's Autobiography but that is a tad hard going. Unlike you Pattricia if I start a book I usually HAVE to finish it unless it is total garbage. I too have no idea how to post a story on line so I'll just read other's efforts for the time being.

At the moment I'm reading 4th of July by James Patterson, I've enjoyed all his books especially The Lake House. I'm also reading Pat Cash's Autobiography but that is a tad hard going. Unlike you Pattricia if I start a book I usually HAVE to finish it unless it is total garbage. I too have no idea how to post a story on line so I'll just read other's efforts for the time being.

Thank goodness,you have no idea how to post a story.Join the club.It took me months to learn how to join SF,then months to get an Avatar,so I suppose I will be posting my first story around Christmas time.Shoeshine & Joep are so polite & helpful, that I dont like taking advantage of them.Ive got to try & do it myself,so keep reading Joep thread on "Downloading & Uploading".I read it every night, as I can only take small amounts of information in,at one time.Sometimes things "come" to me later on when doing another household task,and I think"oh, yes thats how its done" Ive nearly written a short story with this lot.I suppose nobody will read it ,when I eventually do it. :hihi: :hihi:

Pattricia I promise (hand on heart) to read your story. I will learn how to post a story eventually, as will you and in the meantime it is nice to read others excellent efforts Cheers.

James Patterson is a fav of mine, particularly his Alex Cross books. I've just got 'The Jester' out of the library, so will post after I've read it. Like you nan, I nearly always finish a book once I start it. Its sometimes not rally worth the effort though! I've just joined the writers group, although its a long time since I did any, hopefully I'll be spurred into action eventually.

I have just read " May Contain Nuts" by Tony Parsons. Such a funny read made me giggle and smile most of the way through.

First time I have been on this thread, please can people give me feedback how to come a fully fledge member re posting stories. I write small stories for my amusement, whether they are of any interest is another story so not sure whether I would be out of my depth.

Can people join, read previous postings and then decide whether to add their own stories.....help!

Many thanks. x

See how Ive changed the subject because Ive not yet learned how to enter my short story.(Coward) Im reading "Fear of Flying" by Erica Jong.It says on the back of the cover"the modern classic that changed the way we thought about sex" (Ill let you know !!!).Its very funny up to now(and sexy).Great humour...energetic, bawdy.Gay,witty,thoroughly uninhibited.Cant believe I bought it out of Age Concern charity shop,for 60p. :hihi: :hihi:

im reading pride and predjadice again:rolleyes: lol

i love this book and this will be the third time i have read it :D:love:

I just finished Stephen Kings The Stand and its taken me an age to read it.

Im now just starting on Kings "Christine" and it looks as if its going to take me even longer to get through.

I used to get through a novel in a day or so but these days it takes me months.

I'm in the middle of reading "The Brightonmicon" by Robert Rankin.

I read several of his books quite some time ago

Raiders of the Lost Car Park

The Brentford Triangle

The Book of Ultimate Truths

A Dog called Demolition

Waiting For Godalming

but it wasn't until his name cropped up on a post either here or elswhere on SF that I chose to look for further works of his in the library.

I look forward to making a re-acquaintance with his works, they really are worth reading.