What are you reading at the moment ?

rosary girls, in fact read it saturday.

so just about to start with the new Inspector Banks novel.

You can't fail to understand it, it is the key to all understanding:)

Really ? Is it as good as that ?

Guest Ant

I'm just about to open up "Master and Commander", by Patrick O'Brien, recommended to me by my uncle over in Canada.

His taste is usually excellent, so I'm very much looking forward to the read.

I'm reading Harry Potter 5 at the moment, in preparation for the release of the film next week.

I'm re-reading all of the Harry Potter Books in preparation for the Deathly Hallows release! My claim to fame would have to be working for Barry Cunningham who signed JK Rowling to Bloomsbury, can remember how excited we all were to read something so great from the unsolicited manuscripts pile for a change! I still have nightmare about the picture book someone sent me to read about a talking shed (!) my absolute worst unsolicited manuscript ever, and not a pre-school book that was ever published as far as I am aware LOL, and breathes a sigh of relief.

The Blair years : Extracts From The Alastair Cambell Diaries.

Who would believe that such an obvious nutter could ever have been the Prime Ministers most trusted friend and adviser ? All the same its an interesting read.

I've had three books on the go recently!

I re-read 'The Shining' a couple of weeks ago - I'd forgotten what an excellent book it is.

At the moment I'm re-reading Alvin Toffler's 'Future Shock' - written in 1970, and slightly dated in places, it's still an interesting read about how people thought the future was GOING to be.

Last week I had a train trip to make and I read Bill McKibben's 'The End of Nature' - an essay written in 1990 about Global Warming and it's impact on how we PERCEIVE the natural world. Very thought provoking stuff.

I think I would like to read " The Shining". It was a film wasnt it ?

I think I would like to read " The Shining". It was a film wasnt it ?

Yes it was made into a film starring Jack Nicholson....totally brilliant adaptation.

I have just read "Jake and Mimi" by Frank Baldwin. This is a thriller/erotic/murder story of childhood repressed memories that races away to create a breathtaking look-back into your own liife as a child.

I did not want this book to end; I was absorbed into the book after the first couple of lines, and I love books that do that. Seriously recommended.

I have just read "Jake and Mimi" by Frank Baldwin. This is a thriller/erotic/murder story of childhood repressed memories that races away to create a breathtaking look-back into your own liife as a child.

I did not want this book to end; I was absorbed into the book after the first couple of lines, and I love books that do that. Seriously recommended.

This novel looks good. I will look it up.

Yes it was made into a film starring Jack Nicholson....totally brilliant adaptation.

The Shining was a good movie but I liked the novel more; a few years ago Stephen King did a different adaptation for TV and I enjoyed that more than the film, but the film stands well on it's own.

One weirdness - I saw The Simpsons version - 'The Shinning' before Is aw the film but after the book - it's still a good laugh. :)