What are you reading at the moment ?

It's funny Pattrica, I can't stand to watch scary movies as I lie awake thinking of ghosts all night but books, I love them! It was scary but the light didn't have to go on. I loved the Magic Cottage by James Herbert too. This read was equally as good if not better!:)

Yes, a scary book is so much better than a scary movie isnt it ?

Yes, a scary book is so much better than a scary movie isnt it ?

I would agree..

A scary movie shows someone else's horrors; a scary book creates your own!

I recently read Orwell's 'Animal Farm', and I'm currently reading 'The Heart of the Matter' by Graham Greene. I do love my Graham Greene! For some reason, I seem to be mysteriously attracted to 'between-the-wars' authors...

Has anyone read anything by Haruki Murakami? Which of his works would you recommend I start with?

I'm currently reading 'The Fifth Elephant' by Terry Pratchett :|

Afraid I am a little old fashioned. I bought ten Agatha Christie books from a charity shop, and at present I am reading ' One, Two, Buckle my Shoe'

Im finding " The Concise Oxford Dictionary" (ninth edition) very interesting at the moment, as I post on a thread called " Your Word of The Day" and I can look up interesting long words(and get the spelling right as well) :D

Mr Nice - Howard Marks

I'm just reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (May not have spelt that correctly) so powerful it almost made me sick. It is beautifully written from the viewpoint of a loathesome narrator, who may or may not redeem himself.

Like others I was emotionally torn apart by The Time Traveller's wife.

Also read Dog-fighter by Mark Boranowski. A superb love story with some amazing phrases which like all the best books made me distraught at the thought of the inadequacy of my own feeble attempts at literature.

Reading " The History Boys " by Allan Bennett.

"Glasshouse" by Charles Stross.

Havent read it yet but someone told me it was good. Its called " The Consolation of Philosophy" Dont know wether I will be able to understand it though.

Havent read it yet but someone told me it was good. Its called " The Consolation of Philosophy" Dont know wether I will be able to understand it though.

You can't fail to understand it, it is the key to all understanding:)