What are you reading at the moment ?

I've just started Wuthering Heights.. never read it so I thought I'd give it a bash.

I've just started Wuthering Heights.. never read it so I thought I'd give it a bash.

Oh GOD that brings back some memories!

Just finished "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro. Very disturbing and absorbing.

Just started Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka which seems good up to now.

Last week i finished The Time Travellers wife which i really enjoyed...gave me funny dreams though about time travelling....:)

Going to start 'Cloud Atlas' next.

Hi all,

I haven't posted in this group before.

I'm reading Aimee and Jaguar by Erica Fischer - a true lesbian love story set in Berlin during the 2nd world war - heartbreaking, but a fantastic read. Would highly recommend.

Just started Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka which seems good up to now.

I killed a thread by recommending this book :( . I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, and that everybody else gives it a go.

Please report back on your opinion.

I read the Time Travellers wife a couple of months ago, thought it was fab!

Not reading anything at the moment, I've started some books but they just don't seem to flow.

Think I need a funny read without being too hard work. Any ideas?:hihi:

Brisbane theres a funny Chick lit novel i read ages ago called 'Can you Keep a Secret?' by Sophie Kinsella which i found a very easy, light hearted funny book which made me laugh out loud many times.

I'm supposed to be reading "Gentlemen and Players" by Joanne Harris and although it is very good I've been unable to get a really good run at it because I've been busy and hence I've not got into it quite how I should have.

Thanks Rooty!

I've jotted that down and might have a wander into town tomorrow to check it out. Thanks :)

just finished reading ' the unbearable lightness of being in abbaryswyth' by a guy called malcom something-not sure!!- but i liked it ok. it holds its own for the first few chapters but it kinda runs out of steam.

blessed rasta.

At the moment I'm reading 'Island Madness' by Tim Binding. It's dead good. Read another of his called 'The Perfect Execution', then saw this one in a charity shop so thought I'd pick it up. Very enjoyable - it's a sort of murder mystery woven around how it is to live in a place occupied by the Germans during the war (Guernsey). Brilliantly written!