What are you reading at the moment ?

I'm reading "The Stranger House" by Reginald Hill, who wrote the Dalziel and Pascoe books.

It's a murder mystery set in the Lake District and I'm really enjoying it's blend of modern crime with historical intrigue.

The heroine is a feisty redhead - right up my street!

I'm half-way through The Toyminator by Robert Rankin.

It's Robert Rankin as usual.......an unlikely mix of a sort of Toy World mixed in with our world, full of humour and fast-moving fantasy action.

I shall be a bit sad, as usual, when I have finished Rankin's book. Never mind. I intend to seek out more of his work. :)

Hasta La vista... Barbie...?

If you haven't read it, you are closer to the zany plot than you think. :)

If you haven't read it, you are closer to the zany plot than you think. :)

The newest book Ive read for years is a Terry Pratchett book and thats a year old now.

Ill have a look for the toyminator when we go to town on thursday. It looks like its the kind of thing I go for.

Brisbane theres a funny Chick lit novel i read ages ago called 'Can you Keep a Secret?' by Sophie Kinsella which i found a very easy, light hearted funny book which made me laugh out loud many times.

I fancy reading this.Am going to the library on Thursday so will ask for it.(Saves money if you dont like it) but what does "Chick lit" mean ?

PD James The Children of Men. It's very different form the film, and to be honest, I think I prefer the film.

I also recently read David Mitchell's Black Swan Green. I preferred it to CLoud Atlas, but not much. I really don't rate his writing.

And for some easy chick-lit, I read 'My Best Friend's Daughter'. Hardly a taxing read, but it carries you along easily enough.

I'm reading "The Stranger House" by Reginald Hill, who wrote the Dalziel and Pascoe books.

It's a murder mystery set in the Lake District and I'm really enjoying it's blend of modern crime with historical intrigue.

The heroine is a feisty redhead - right up my street!

I have finished another of his - Dialogues of the Dead?? It dragged in places but it was worth it for the ending. So will try another of his.

Am now re-reading Maskerade by Terry Pratchett, for about the 5th time I think

Have now started The Brightonomicon by the insane genius that is Robert Rankin

I'm in the middle of Enemy Within by Paul Adam, a good story but nothing remarkable about it EXCEPT that it's written by a true Sheffielder.

It goes into some amazing details about Sheffield so much so that its unnerving. For instance, it tells you the types of sandwiches served at the Millenium Galleries cafe. It also tells you about the lettering used for the floors at the Hallamshire Hospital ( and gets them correct). I'm haven't got to the bit about Hendersons Relish yet but it's bound to be there somewhere!

I'm not used to seeing Sheffield mentioned in books and was so intrigued that I 'googled' his name apparently he was born in Sheffield, studied law in Nottingham and then moved back here.

The book itself is about the Miners Strike and makes a lot of sense, try and read the book and see if you agree.