Best Double Glazing Firm in Sheffield?

doesnt that just sound far to frightening? we watch programs like builders from hell, and to save a few bob you could be risking being unable to sell your hose in the future etc?

surely its worth paying for peice of mind, knowing you dont have to deal with the deaded council, that a company can do all leg work for you, knowing you have solid guarantees on the work thats done?i just think when its your home its better not to cut corners, cos normally they are what end up biting you.

i used Askham windows to do mine i was very happy,not that that has anything to do with my point , just nice to know you can use a local firm and relax knowing everything is done properly for you.

You may have a point there. I just thought it would be worth exploring this avenue before committing. I've already had a quote from askhams. they seem the best so far.

EDIT: Following some aggressive sales stuff (ringing boss, getting angry, tearing up contract) I have decided that askhams are to be avoided.

Edited by TimmyR

WARNING! Pushy Salesman - Yorkshire Windows.

Just had a guy from Yorkshire windows come round. We need a set of French doors fitting and I just wanted a quote. (easier said than done!)

I spent an hour talking to him asking him repeatedly for a rough price. He ignored all my requests for a straight answer and simply carried on with his sales pitch of 'we are the best and oldest as well as only recognised approved ........ it went on and on and on.

I am a bloke in my 30's and I found it very hard to get rid of the guy, beware anyone that is wanting a quick price, you wont get it from this guy.

His sales technique was awful too as the guy spent almost the whole hour trying to slate other companies in the area.

He begrudgingly took measurements and was incredibly negative whilst doing so when I repeatedly said I was not going to commit today and just wanted a price. And guess what he left without even giving me a price and walked off pretty much in a huff even though I feel I had been very civil with him and in no way rude.

I definitely would not recommend this company purely based on their salesman although I have heard some good things about the products they fit, albeit what I have heard is that they are quite expensive but good quality.

the best glazing firm in sheffield is ford windows its got some great lads wez jonny smart jack div and mr smart they are the best window company by far

Sound like the Marx bros!

someone give me names of reputable double glazing independent firms please freeshia

someone give me names of reputable double glazing independent firms please freeshia

Spec Savers :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Polar windows

what experience do you have of Polar? Some reviews of them online are dreadful!!

Sheffield window centre at west bar... no sales crap and very reasonable prices

Tread with care on this one. The area of double glazing is a minefield of cowboys.

I won't say much on this one other than we had an independent company to do a conservatory- to confuse matters they came on a personal recommendation. The structure was unstable had to be demolished and we sued those concerned. We were lucky we got our money back but many don't.

We then had Yorkshire Windows who were a little more expensive. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. Kept appointments, no pushy sales staff, clean courteous workers, first class job. Any little snags dealt with promply.

Worth spending a bit extra and getting a proper job done.

We had an independent trader recommended to do our windows. He took 2 weeks to fit 10 windows and never gave us a FENSA cert. We realised how poor the locks on the windows were when we were burgled a few months after having them fitted - the burglars simply levered the window with a screwdriver and the lock keeps snapped. The are only 3 locking points on each window, even our neighbours council windows have 5! I've had to retro fit extra locks myself.

Oh, and he fitted the interior trim on top of the wallpaper with just adhesive ( we didn't see this at the time). Needless to say the trim very quickly started coming away from the wall.

There's a reason why people do use large companies, and I would say to anyone having windows fitted to shop around and have a good look at the actual products first. Not all windows are the same as we found out!

Edited by Rob_1

thank you so much for getting back to me I really appreciate it,but I am at a loss of whom I could trust to fit me double glazing and the quality of the windows to be fitted :suspect:

thank you so much for getting back to me I really appreciate it,but I am at a loss of whom I could trust to fit me double glazing and the quality of the windows to be fitted :suspect:

I've heard good things about Sheffield Window Company.