Best Double Glazing Firm in Sheffield?

Sheffield windows without a doubt .

+1 for Sheffield Windows. Had doors fitted last year - the people were sound, the materials seem good and the jobs was done pretty well. Appreciated the lack of high pressure sales carp too.

thank you all ,it sounds as if Sheffield windows are the best so far,replys appreciated

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 16:17 ----------

I've heard good things about Sheffield Window Company.

thank you so much

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 16:18 ----------

+1 for Sheffield Windows. Had doors fitted last year - the people were sound, the materials seem good and the jobs was done pretty well. Appreciated the lack of high pressure sales carp too.

thank you so much

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 16:19 ----------

thank you E-man

Yorkshire windows,14 years on theyre still looking good and doing the job.

Sorry to jump in on your post. Did you go with Sheffield Windows in the end?

If so, how were they in regards to cost and end result if they're fitted yet?

We're looking to get 13 upvc windows and a door supplied/fitted. There seems to be a million firms out there and we'd like to narrow down 3 or 4 to quote us.

Hi there my name is Mark from bluestone upvc and we would be happy to provide you with a free no obligation quote. We are a highly motivated family run business offering a first class service. Backed by our Certass registration and insurance backed guarantee.

If we can of any help please call me on 01142874024/ 07720916825

http://www.bluestoneupvc.co.uk

Thanks Mark.

what experience do you have of Polar? Some reviews of them online are dreadful!!

We are in the process of having orangary built by them,we had various quotes from other companies and polar are the only one who offer a 10 year insurances backed guarantee on everything including the building work.

Most other companies claim to offer this but when you dig a little deeper it turns out to be a year on locks 3 years on glass 1 year on handles and so on until it all adds upto 10 years.

We has sheffield window centre to quote but they couldn't do the complete job, and they use a trade frame rehau I think it's called, plus we wanted a certain heat reflective glass that they couldn't offer us.

Just follow up on my post last month, we went with Bluestone and were very happy with the end result and pricing. We got quotes from 7 different firms. To put it into perspective, Bluestone were the only ones who could be bothered to pull their ladders off the van to measure up properly before quoting us. The Global sales rep on the other hand wondered about the house before sitting me down for 50 minutes sales pitch. He eventually plucked a price out of the air on the spot and coincidently knocked £1000 off after I laughed at his first quote. His final price was still £2k more than Bluestone. I don't normally go out my way to recommend business/tradesmen but I highly recommend Mark and Dan from Bluestone. Tidy, professional and good lads. They actually tidied up the two bedroom windows we had fit last year from a cowboy firm in Rotherham and mended some lose mortar/pointing around the flashing for no extra cost.