Recommended craft shops

I love fabrics, and am always on the lookout for reasonable priced places to pick up odds and ends for patchwork etc. Years ago a friend introduced me to Tiviot Prints Factory shop in Broadbottom, Hyde.. it's a long drive but fantastic bargains are to be had. Anyone know of anywhere else similar?

There is Craftastic in Hillsborough. Lovely ladies run this shop and they also run a loyalty scheme. The cater mostly for papercrafts but also sell knitting yarn etc.

Loyalty cards are also run by Busy Bees Crafts in Woodhouse, and Unicorn Crafts in Handsworth. There deal mostly with papercrafts.

I love fabrics, and am always on the lookout for reasonable priced places to pick up odds and ends for patchwork etc. Years ago a friend introduced me to Tiviot Prints Factory shop in Broadbottom, Hyde.. it's a long drive but fantastic bargains are to be had. Anyone know of anywhere else similar?

Have you tried Direct Knitting and Sewing near Don Valley stadium? They sell fantastic range of fabrics and their patchwork samples have to be seen to be believed.

the shop in hillsborough is great the other one has now closed,as shes moved elsewhere,but as for online i use rainbow crafts,very good price wise,and free delivery over 20 quid i think,and very prompt and packed well,mainly card stuff but they do do other bits as well x

It's Craftastic and they have moved down the road into the main shopping area in Hillsborough.

just thought this shop is worth a mention for card makers etc carsons on west st/glossop rd very good friendly service

I know it's not a Sheffield one, but there's a great one in Chesterfield, just next to the library down some steps - and I don't know what it's called........ I'm not much help am I ?!

What a shame, this shop is having a closing down sale:(. I was there on Saturday 24th September. Such a pity to see them go under.

just thought this shop is worth a mention for card makers etc carsons on west st/glossop rd very good friendly service

Must give this one a visit. Thanks :)

A quick post in support of the online bead supplier The Bead Merchant.

I've been using them for years, and I'm very pleased to report that their customer service is as excellent as ever: an order I placed late on Monday night was on my doormat today. Just want you want from an online supplier, especially at this time of year.

What a shame, this shop is having a closing down sale:(. I was there on Saturday 24th September. Such a pity to see them go under.

Where the craft shop was based is a little area with that had 3 craft type shops. This was a great craft shop and it has changed what it sells. They still do picture framing though.

Next door to it there is a card & cake craft shop. They sell a little cardmaking stuff and have a sale on at the moment. They have loads of interesting things for making & decorating cakes.

Next door to that there is a great bead & jewellery making shop. They've got masses of beads and all the necessary bits & bobs to make things. They run classes and the staff are very helpful and seem to know what they are doing.

Where would be a good place to buy individual buttons? I have a really nice cardigan but the buttons are super naff so I wouldn't mind replacing them with some nicer ones :)

Unicorn crafts at handsworth top. The owner is lovely

Not in Sheffield but definately worth a visit.... HomeFarm Crafts in Royston, Barnsley. I met the owner, Andrea, at a craft fair some time ago and today my Mother & i decided to pay a visit to her shop . We were in the shop an hour and half & were made to feel very welcome the whole time. In fact the reason we were there so long is Andrea gave us several demonstrations on how to make flowers.

This is a lady who clearly loves her work and has a lot of time for her customers. Her shop is small but well stocked, really depends what you're looking for.

Though her shop is a 40 minute drive for me, i will most definately be going back.

Andrea, if you should read this, thanks for a lovely afternoon.:thumbsup: