Recommended craft shops

Lots of these posts are quite dated- those anyone know of cheap craft shops to buy stamps/textured paper? I don't like buying over the internet

I would recommend Craft Den on Loxley Road, great stocks of everything from altered art to card making and scrapbooking and Lynne knows all sorts of techniques. She runs regular classes and workshops. Craftden.co.uk. Check out Lynne's blog to see what we all get up to!

do you know of any local shops that do theb boxes of pick you own paper, think it is generally paper mill?

The one i go to is at nostril prioiry, so it is a trek but the do have a good selection.

do you know of any local shops that do theb boxes of pick you own paper, think it is generally paper mill?

The one i go to is at nostril prioiry, so it is a trek but the do have a good selection.

Both Craftastic in Hillsborough, and Craft Warehouse behind MeadowFarm in Ecclesfield do a pick n mix selection on paper and card, and both are reasonable prices.

Hello,

We're Jam Jar Beads on Leopold Street and we sell a big range of beads, findings, jewellery making supplies, ribbons and handmade jewellery.

We also have a regular beading group and crafty social and workshops too.

Please have a look at our website or pop in if you're ever around town. Would be lovely to see you!

Yvonne

There is one at McArthur Glen

hi all,

just thought i would let you know about a new craft shop that is opening on handsworth road in sheffield (not far from the asda).

ive heard the shop is due to open around the end of aug/ beginning of sept.

classes will also be taking place, ooo i cant wait

i'm so glad there is going to be one more local to where i live instead of traveling into sheffield centre/hillsborough

i know the people setting it up so pm if you have suggestions or anything you want passing along!

Busy Bees Crafts in woodhouse have all new nesstabilities, new paper mania elegance/elements range, on there way from sweden magnolia and tilda stamps, clarity stamps, go kreate craft dies ( as seen on create and craft), also indence embossing folders, georgous girls, big shots machine and bag on special offer for £99.

Also Saturday 18th September,

Kay helliwell - sutton demonstration /workshop day at the Beighton sports & leisure club.

10am to 4pm with free refreshments, demonstrations and make & takes. all new stamps arriving in september not previously seen! from paper artsy

Creative notions & Creative viva also to be seen & demonstrated on day.

£20 PER PERSON, including lunch and free refreshments avaialable all day.

Please call 0114 2540234 fro further information or to book tickets.

Cross stitch and craft heaven on ebay

I sell cross stitch kits cardmaking sizzix cuttlebug quickutz all well below RRP in shops

If you buy off me and are local in sheffield you are welcome to collect from my home

Thanks Hazel

I agree with Hayley1 who mentioned sewandso.co.uk I've used them a few times and its a brilliant service. Often cheaper than Hobbycraft and a good selection of products.

I agree re Sewandso.co.uk - have used them for years - service is excellent and so are the prices.

Anybody interested in machine embroidery? Can thoroughly recommend Lords SewKnit at Oswaldtwistle Mills in Lancs. About 1.1/2 hours up the motorway but they do mail order on the net. Stock Brother sewing machines and all the threads & stabilisers needed for machine embroidery. Service is excellent, as are the staff. Stockists of Anita Goodesign embroidery CDs.