Did anyone attend Sir Harold Jackson in Bradway, any stories/memories

Did anyone attend Sir Harold Jackson in Bradway. Do you have any stories/memories about your time there ?

I attended the Bradway school (top of Twentywell Rd) in 1951, as the Greenhill school at the top of Bocking wasn,t built then, oh such memmories.The school only had 2 classrooms, both with an open fire in the middle of each one, outside toilets, very cold in winter. School dinner,s just consisted of salad, cannot remember eating anything hot, but i suppose we must have.

The building you are refering to is known as the Annexe. I believe that this was used before Sir Harold Jackson was built. That building is now used for groups to hire out, childrens parties etc.

well at least the building is still their and they haven,t pulled it down, do u know if the chapel (old stone one and the brickbuilt one) near the school are still in use, also, sorry, but do u know if there are any old pictures of Bradway???

I went to SHJ in the 80s, and have vague memories of Mrs Harrison, Mrs Ewens (sp?), assistant ms Blundell, and Mrs Williamson - who I remember as quite scary! Mrs Ewens used unifix for counting etc and we sang Autumn Days a lot in assembly - "...AND A WIN FOR MY HOME TEAM!..." , and played on the big concrete pipes at play time. Would love to see any photos of SHJ if anyone has any!

And Mrs Lee - Long black hair and yellow T reg sports car!

SO only 3 Forummers went to SHJ - Come on...

I went to Sir Harold Jackson 1970-1975 anybody else out there go at this time.......I remember Mr Malliband being the headmaster....then there was Miss Young, Mr Morris - who also taught gymnastics. Lunch time recorder lessons!! and I loved the playground espeically the concrete pipes to play on!!! Sports day down on the field.... :o)

I didn't go there but I went to Jordanthorpe with a lot of people from there. Some are now parents at the school themselves! :)

Miss this place to bits!! Was there from 91 to 98. Nostalgia really kicks in here lol. The summers at playtime on the newly mowed lawn were the best.

For anyone who remembers, Mrs Harrison was the nicest teacher I ever had. Poole was a legend, that goes without saying.

who was he?

I spent 2 years in the school when it was new - J3 and J4, must have been at the end of the 60's and remember Mrs Young and Mr Milliband teaching recorder at lunchtimes, the school field, and the concrete pipes ring a bell. It seemed to be a happy school, or those are the memories I have of it. Have a photo posted on friends reunited - look for Julie Edson and then the photos for the school, someone else has added one too. Have managed with help to put most names to it.

Julie

Hey I went there 1982 to 1989 and remember all those teachers Mrs Williamson etc. I remember a certain pupil throwing a chair at Mr Maddox with the warts on his hands and Mr Driskell the head teacher.

Actually strange as it may be but both my children go there now and they still have the same dinner tables and chairs from the 70's and I am now a parent governor.

Excellent school, great memories and still great now.