Abbeydale Grammar School for Girls

Hi there, my name was Georgina Bishop. I went to AGGS from 1954 'til 1960 & remember all the teachers mentioned. I was well acquainted with Dr Green as I was frequently outside her office waiting to be caned. She must have been fed up with me. I was in Marvel (yellow) house. I can still reel the register of class names off by heart!!! I recently found out that my friend, Wendy Carson's death is on the 'Star' obituary column. I would love to hear from anyone with any news.
I went to Abbeydale boys grammar school and my best pal was Tony Butcher who was your boyfriend as I remember.

Hi, was anyone in the 1957 intake and in Cavell house? I now live in New Zealand but would love to contact anyone in my form at Abbeydale - Brenda Himsworth, Pamela Fisher, Dilys Ladell, Pauline Kimber..or anyone else? Anyone remember me - Margaret Dickinson?:)

I was there from 1959. In Nightingale. Christine Booth (now Ball). Now in Shropshire.

I was there from 1959. In Nightingale. Christine Booth (now Ball). Now in Shropshire.

Hello Christine, you were in the same class as me and we sat next to each other in 1N. I remember you very well, because we were quite good friends for a while. I think you left after the 5th form?

I still see Eileen and Susan W (Sos) almost weekly at the gym now we are retired. Also, I'm still very good friends with Susan B (Broady), but she has not lived in Sheffield for many years; we're meeting up in a couple of weeks.

I think we bumped into each other once in the 1970s in the Nailmakers.

Wow! Without your name I can't remember. Yes I left after 5th year. All I wanted to do back then was ride horses!!! Are you on Facebook?

Wow! Without your name I can't remember. Yes I left after 5th year. All I wanted to do back then was ride horses!!! Are you on Facebook?

My name was Susan Bell. No, I'm not on FaceBook.

Oh crumbs yes! FB is such a quick easy way to share info & pics. How can we make contact?

---------- Post added 03-11-2017 at 09:59 ----------

I wonder what Flo (Dr Green) would make of today's unruly schools. She could silence the whole school with one glance. I still recall my private interview with her to discuss my future. When I mentioned working with horses she was most unimpressed. She probably wrote me off as a total failure. LOL! I have happy memories of Miss Tyler our English teacher (grey hair in a bun and long grey suits). Playing the piano and teaching us to sing "Sumer Is Icumen In" (the cuckoo song). I can still remember the words & sing it in the spring. She used to go off to watch the cricket in town in her lunch breaks with a little haversack on her shoulder. Funny the things that stick in your mind.

Oh crumbs yes! FB is such a quick easy way to share info & pics. How can we make contact?

I have to go out now, but will pm you later and let you have my email address.

It will be good to catch up after all these years!

Can anyone tell me what seems to be a purple building is on the site of my old school?

It is now 2019 so a bit late to answer but I was at Abbeydale from 1947 and knew girls who were there at the same time as you