We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Abbeydale Grammar School for Girls

I am searching for anyone who attended Abbeydale in the years 1944 to 1949. It seems strange that none of them are members of the forum, surely some of them are still alive.

my mum went there but not between those years!

one of my mates was called Stella did ?

I am searching for anyone who attended Abbeydale in the years 1944 to 1949. It seems strange that none of them are members of the forum, surely some of them are still alive.

Hi Gosling. I have seen the 1948 picture in Saturday 14 April's "Star" and was going to post the appeal. I suspect from the maiden name that you have sent it in?

My wife went to Abbeydale Grammar School from 1946 to 1951 or thereabouts.

Hi Chairboy. Yes it was I who sent in the photo and am now waiting to see if I get any results

Hello - I attended Abbeydale Grammar between 1944-49! In my last year I was in Form 5M - Miss Moore's. I remember the name Gosling but can't remember your first name. I was then Betty Wain. Do you remember me?

Hi Betty, Sorry but I don't remember your name, my name is June and I was in Miss Jean Smith's form. I would love to hear from you, maybe you could send me a private message. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many of us left of that vintage.

my mum was there, 1960 onwards. she was called Jenifer Revill.

i know one of her teachers was called Mrs/Miss Williams.

I have recieved an email from Elizabeth Lowe re Abbeydale Girls Grammar School, but she forgot to give me her email address so that I could reply. Could any kind person help me to contact her, I would be very grateful.

Hi Mrs Black, I've been informed by Hazel on the forum that you could be Liz Lowe, if so could you please send me your email address as you forgot to give it to me. Looking forward to hearing from you. Gosling

GOSLING -There was an appeal in June 30th's Sheffield Star from Derek Sellers who wants to contact former pupils who will now be in their 70's.

derek.sellers1@ntlworld.com phone: 0118-9424347

Doesn't say the purpose of the contact reason on Page 25.