Good/Bad restaurants in Sheffield

No, the one next to Student Comp used to be called FLying Pizza (I cant think what its called now), and is an Italian. La Mancha is a Spanish/Mexican place farther down the road, which does great Tapas. Me and my girlfriend have been there about 4 times in the last two years and we just much our way through all the tapas. Im a big fan of their Calamari.

Bad:

Ask Pizza, Division Street

I feel the pizza's are greatly over priced (around £7-8 each) and also the service tends to be very slow. It's one of the few restaurants in the City centre and therefore it's often very busy - but don't let this trick you in to thinking it's good.

Good:

Piccolos, West Street

Lovely little Italian restaurant. It doesn't look that spectacular from the outside, but once you get inside you will find a friendly and cosy restaurant. The staff are great and the food is authentic. I really recommend the garlic bread for a starter - it's not what you'd expect!

What are you favourite/worst restaurants in town?

mmmm..... thats a hard question.....

...ah i know, The Dam House at Crookes Valley Park over looking the Lake.

:hihi:

Best Indian in sheffield has to be the shapla at the bottom of the moor.

have to second that one-lovely!

mmmm..... thats a hard question.....

...ah i know, The Dam House at Crookes Valley Park over looking the Lake.

:hihi:

The question was good/bad restaurants.

So now we've got bad above I'll say Marco@Milano's for a good one.

Sorry, it was too easy Jack

I'd second Piccolos as an 'authentic' Italian. Flying Pizza is still there (West Street/Upper Hanover Street), but can't seem to make up it's mind what to call itself. Sometimes it's Pizza volante. Anyway, they're all here.

GOOD RESTAURANTS

Bay Leaves - Indian restaurant and take away in Ecclesfield, really nice food and great service.

Sette Colli - Italian in hillsborough, so yummy.

Mangla - Indian near wicker, lovely lovely food.

La Civita Da Roberto - Italian at Hillsborough, great service and great food

BAD RESTAURANTS

La Tasca - spanish in meadowhall, food was cold, took ages to come, wine was warm.

If you want a quality Indian, you cant beat Butlers Balti House at the top of Brook Hill

Never disappoints

we go to eat out every week mum decided to go for indian this weekend we choice to go to everest restaurant at heeley .as soon as we walk in the restaurant very warm welcome by staff different then others. cut it short food was delicious and excellent service .best of all in sheffied we r going back next week.

Good - we like Ethio-Cubana on Arundel Gate, Kum-quat-mae, Inter Siam on LDN Rd., Coach and Horses in Dronfield, BB`s, and Dilshad`s on Chesterfield Road.

Bad - Italians in Woodseats, Everest in Heeley, Leoni`s (?) in Town, Que Pasa and Nirmal`s on West st., and most over-priced pub food!!!

Good - The Peacock, Owler Bar - great home cooked pub food definitely worth the wait. (bit far from the city)

Good - Original Kebabish or variation in the name, on cemetery road near Greens fitness - very good food, friendly and makes some of the best nan bread around here i feel.

Good - Noodle Inn, London Rd. - great portions and some of the best chinese "fast" food. try the salt and pepper pork chop with rice.

Good - Wong Ting, the Moor - great service, authentic chinese sit in restaurant. ask for some "real" (what we chinese eat) chinese recomendations, not for the faint hearted

GOOD - Damons Restaurant, Crystal Peaks - Great service, great food what more can i say? best steaks in town. (bit far tho)

Good - Papa Cicio's (spelling might be wrong), Crosspool - Fabolous italian food, great service. should book ahead cuz it gets really busy. bad idea for walk ins on thurs, fri and sat.

BAD - Bahn Thai, London Rd - I know loads of caucasians love that place but trust me, its not all that cut out especially cuz the quality have dwindled. used to have lots of mates working there so i know what its like. plus beware of the sunday buffet!

BAD - Red Lion on penistone road - service is excellent but the steak was so dry and i could actually smell that its a frozen one. the vegetables were cooked way ahead so its brown and slightly unsavoury. maybe its just bad steaks?

Prolly have more but cant think off the top of my head