Cat owners- in or out at night.

Do you like you cat inside or outside all night?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like you cat inside or outside all night?

Inside! Being super over-protective :suspect: there's no chance even with the cute meewing at the kitty door! The one time I let them out over night, my little girl didn't come back for a week and when she did she was injured and had lost weight!

We have 2 cats now, a queen and a male. They do not roam as we saw 2 youths throw a defenceless cat in the path of an oncoming lorry, it was hit but did not die instantly. It lept off with a trail of blood and was found the next day curled up in some bushes near to the cemetary dead. On another instance my son came in from school crying and grabbing me at the sametime

he tried telling me something but i could not understand , so i followed him to the bottom of our road and i saw for myself what he was trying to tell me. there was 2 youths with something in a box , and they were throwing something in the box and tried to set the box on fire. when i shouted they ran off which left me to go and see what they were doing, they were only trying to to set a live cat on fire. sorry it was not a cat but a kitten. This kitten ended up dieing through its injury's.

this is reason why we dont let our pets roam. We would prefer to have them under our feet and on the back garden then let the scum around here kill them.

That is sooo sad, another of those incidents that makes you ashamed to be human

I don't think it is over protective. From what I remember being told by the CPL (now just CP) they recommend cat owners keep their cats in at night where possible (although I don't think there's anything wrong with the cat being given a choice if you have a cat flap).

The reason I was given was that cats tend to get bored if shut out all night & around 4am is when they're most likely to be involved in an accidents - although I'd not really thought about the danger of accidents at that time in the morning, I have to admit.

They don't need to be inside your house necessarily but they do need somewhere to go (as opposed to wandering aimlessly I guess) - like amandakm and her cats' cosy cat boxes in the garage.

My cat doesnt know how bloody lucky he is.

No traffic, lots of countryside, a kennel to kip in and me leaping out of bed at 3am to either let him out or in when he yowls at me.

He doesnt even give me a wage!

oh you don't own him , he owns you :hihi:

My cats have a choice of whether to be inside or outside at all times (except bonfire week etc) They are usually outside in nice weather and inside in bad weather.

At night there is less traffic, less nutters and no birds, hence there it is just as relatively safe outside.

I did read an research paper last year, which aimed to prove that allowing cats outside at night was a more dangerous than day time access and they ended up proving there was no difference in levels of danger between night and day outside access (I'll try and find the link)

too right Tess! lol he's got you wrapped round his little paw Jabberwocky :lol:

I feel that as long as our cats have the opportunity to get in they're ok. They don't roam far, and tend to stay in at night anyway although in this heat I think they prefer to be out under a bush where it's a bit cooler.

I've heard them come running in and having a spitting fit at the male cat that continuously tries to seduce Smitch :roll: but as long as they can get in away from trouble I'm happy.

I do worry about them and refused to let mum get rid of the cat flap but they have always been outdoor cats and I can't refuse them that now.

our cat is a house cat and is only allowed out in the garden hen someone else is out with her, live on a busy road so feel this is safer. Any other cat that dares to roam on our garden she soon chases off

My cat, as I sit here, is out in the dark somewhere, probably trying to hump some poor fox.

In about 30 minutes im going to leave the kitchen door open and then come back to the comp.

He`ll come swanning in, look at me as if I did something horrible to him and then yowl piteously at me because he hasnt had anything to eat for an entire 3 hours,

Once hes stuffed his vile rop, he`ll flop disgustingly into his basket in the kitchen and Ill finally be allowed to go to bed.

For a while.

Because in a few hours he`ll be in my room yowling at me to be let out.

Then, at 7 tomorrow morning, ill open the kitchen door and he`ll be there, glowering at me as if I did something horrible to him again as he swaggers into the house and looks at his bowl for a feed.

When I snuff it I want to come back as that sodding moggy.