The Phantom Phone Caller of Surrey/Norfolk Street

On numerous occasions, usually at night, i've been walking into town via Surrey and Norfolk Street. The phonebox nearest to Arundel Gate rings as I walk past. I ignore. Then the one by the crucible starts ringing as I walk past it. Then onto Norfolk Street and the phonebox there starts ringing.

I've answered two of the phones before, some guy is watching over that road as he could tell what me and my friends were wearing! He seemed a lonely type, so I wasn't too abrupt in telling him where to go...

Don't feel threatened or anything, its just peculiar....

Anyone else noticed this?

Have you seen the film "Phone Booth"? Avoid answering public phone boxes in future!

The first time this happened, I had just finished watching phone booth so it felt only right to answer :D

Ah.. Its jonny boy, or at least thats what he used to call himself.. hes been at it for years. Me and my pal used to go for a bev at the brown bear(before it got crap) we often answerd the phone on a drunken voyage home . Now this was a good five years ago.

We narrowed it down to the caretaker in the vicarage over the road but never proved it cos he could allways see, another theory was it was a member of staff on the servalince crew for towns c.c.t.v cos he could phone u all the way down to pond street via the different phone boxes.. Is he still saying the same purvy things???

Yeah, I've gone by there a few times and when the phone's rang for a bit, I've picked up and this bloke just says 'what colour knickers are you wearing'? AND he sounds like he's doing things to himself!!! Shocking!!!:mad:

I used to work at the Fraternity house in 1998 (Now Old Monk) on surrey street and it used to happen then. Thank god that the council have closed the under pass at the end of the road leading to the bus station. Very creepy to know that he's still at it. Also phones ringing at the end of Trippet Lane ( Nearer town end). This world is full of crack pots!!! X

Originally posted by dinp

Don't feel threatened or anything

You should be....Don't answer them in future.

Originally posted by dinp

On numerous occasions, usually at night, i've been walking into town via Surrey and Norfolk Street. The phonebox nearest to Arundel Gate rings as I walk past. I ignore. Then the one by the crucible starts ringing as I walk past it. Then onto Norfolk Street and the phonebox there starts ringing.

Sounds like your suffering from ringing in the ears, Tinnitus.

This sounds really scary.... I'd be cacking my pants if that happened to me...

I'm surprised that no-one has contacted the authorieties about this... it sounds decidedly dodgy too me....

He's still at it then?!

Last time I heard him I was 16 and Corporation nightclub was still on corporation street.

I wouldn't answer it - It wouldn't be for you as if somebody wanted you they

a) Wouldn't know you were going to be near it

b) Could come out of their house if they can see you!

Pretty spooky, sounds like he needs a friend but I doubt a phone box is the best option - unless we're talking about those busty blonde ads ;)

Is he like the phantom raspberry blower of old London town? STOP! You're killing me!.