Rant: Parking at Centertainment

Paul, both you and I know that these parking 'companies' are not allowed to issue penalty notices - and anyone other than the police or the council, who are claiming to do so, are acting outside of the the law. I also believe that dressing up parking invoices :hihi: to appear like PCNs is something that should be brought to the attention of the law.

Surely you're not suggesting that these companies make their invoices look like penalty notices deliberately? ;)

Or you could park where you are meant to?? Isnt that simpler? :confused::huh:

I'll help you out of your confusion, Bonjon, - I boycotted Centertainment as soon as I found out their car park was being patrolled by our wonderful 'parking companies'. I've got quite a few places on my boycot list now, but, funnily enough, never run out of places to spend my hard-earned money. I've heard today that Netto/Poundstretcher site on Queens have started using them now, so if that's confirmed, that will also go on my list.

As other posters have suggested, companies tend to listen when enough people withdraw their custom.

Edited by Darth Vader

Whilst I agree that parking which obstructs pavements, other cars or the flow of traffic is irresponsible, the tickets issued by this company are not about keeping traffic flowing or obstruction but about making money. We were the recipients of an £80 ticket and in no way causing an obstruction or on a pavement, if we had parked on a road in the same manner we would not have received a ticket.

However we are not paying the exorbitant ticket and have followed the advice of Martin Lewis on parking fines on private land. If you go to the Money Expert website and search for private parking fines it gives you the full information.

We were the recipients of an £80 ticket and in no way causing an obstruction or on a pavement, if we had parked on a road in the same manner we would not have received a ticket.

So where did you park to incur this penalty?

I also got a parking ticket when I parked opp Toys R US and went for a movie.

But it was from some private company...........:S

I also got a parking ticket when I parked opp Toys R US and went for a movie.

I knew I was in the wrong but due to my selfishness thought I would do it anyway.

I think thats what you mean.....

I dislike going to centertainment. Go on any busy night to witness what can only be described as a bunch of morons trying to park their tin coffins. I think some of them would kill their own grandmother and park on her still warm corpse for a space.. .

I've seen drivers abandon their vehicles just so they can go see the latest Jennifer Aniston rom-com with their bronzed chav strumpet on their arm, probably called Sharonda or something equally loathsome. . .

Centertainment is a place for morons.

So where did you park to incur this penalty?

we parked behind the bowling alley, there was a row of 5 cars that all got a ticket, we actually stopped some other people parking there so that they didnt get one as well

we got a parking ticket last night, after circling the car park for 20 mins and could not find a space, so we parked on the side road walking towards the arena, where the 2 restaurants are. (parked there before without any ticket)

Got a parking ticket for £70 or if paid within 14 days its £35..... and its from the sheffield council, thought cineworld is privately owned, so why is this ticket from the sheff council???? any ideas....... might just pay it to get them off my back!!!!

Personally I just think it's another way for the council to make ends meet

I used to work here and people going to the arena are a pain for parking. They fill up the staff car parks, ignoring the notices informing them not too then they seem shocked when they get a ticket. Someone mentioned Disney on Ice, its true that's the worse event for these people! If you're going to the arena, pay to park in the car park or find an alternate way of getting there.

How many people go to Centretainment on their own?! People usually go with a lot of friends or with their children to see a film. This is one place where bicycles are not going to be a particularly useful mode of transport.

Too true! and, what if you've had a drink or two? Very good idea to go cycling whilst intoxicated!:hihi: