Rant: Parking at Centertainment

This isn't a question of where i parked i just want to know if the parking ticket i have been given is lawful and do i have to pay it as it is a private company

is it a fine or an invoice? who issued it?

This is the important question. Chances are it is an invoice attempting to look like a fine. In which case you do not have to pay it. Look at the many other threads about this on here.

An interesting read HERE, amongst several million other internet sources...

This is the important question. Chances are it is an invoice attempting to look like a fine. In which case you do not have to pay it. Look at the many other threads about this on here.

It's a parking notice

No it's not Excel parking, its a company called Vehicle Control Services. The main reason for this thread is a few years ago i had a ticket from Excel parking and paid it. Later i read on here that i should have ignored the notice as they don't have any authority

No it's not Excel parking, its a company called Vehicle Control Services. The main reason for this thread is a few years ago i had a ticket from Excel parking and paid it. Later i read on here that i should have ignored the notice as they don't have any authority

Never heard of them I'm afraid. You might want to Google them. Just a suggestion. From the sounds of things (and without seeeing the 'ticket' you may wish to treat my advice with a pinch of salt) I believe this is an unenforceable notice and you should not even get in touch with them.

As to my qualifications for saying that, I used to work in a closely related field so I know something about which I speak... :) However at this distance and from information supplied, it is difficult for me to be more precise.

Edited by libertarian
grammar!

centerainment?

How can you get a fine? The car park at Centertainment is private property is it not and so not subject to parking laws? You may have got a threatening notice stuck to your windscreen, but it cannot be a fine and I'm sure you can just ignore it.

VCS are another division of Excel I think.

Vehicle Control Services, Omega Court, 376 Cemetery Rd, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S11 8FT

Excel Parking Services, Omega Court, 376 Cemetery Rd, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S11 8FT

Yep VCS are the same company.

I wouldnt pay it just because they are robbing gits but I also wouldnt park on verges and expect to get away with it.. next time drive round like the rest of us and park in a space!