Rant: Parking at Centertainment

I've seen it all now, bad parking blamed on Peter Kay fans.

Centertainment is a joke. Vote with your feet and go somewhere else.

The management need to do something because obviously "fines" are not working - especially if its safe to ignore them and they're not chased up.

Its not a fine!

Its classed as trespass which is not a criminal offence.

Ignore the ticket (invoice), ignore all subsequent letters.

Well im off to buy a bicycle in honour of Teutons steel grit determination - and for making me laugh all the time i was reading this thread

Public transport needs to be massively subsidised if it is to make any impact. Presently it is a tax on the poor who can't afford a car.

have you possibly made an assumption that all users of public transport are poor :o

More or less the same thing. Also went down to see Harry Potter and had a nice surprise left by Peter Kay fans. Haven't parked on the curb though, but near a wall (after driving around for nearly 20 minutes)... It wasn't within a bay, however I wasn't blocking anyone in, not obstructing access and not parked on yellow lines. When I got back there it was - £80 invoice. From what I've read best thing is to ignore it, but I wonder if they were to take me to civil court would they have something to stand on?

£80 pounds for parking for a legitimate customer is an overkill and an extortion. If it was £35-£40 then maybe.

I

this happened to my partner last week, his friend parked on double yellows and was not issued a fine, this is because parking on double yellows has to be fined by traffic police or councils and as they are a private company have no duristiction on this.

I googled and looked at loads of websites, even the reputible http://www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk (they guy from GMTV) and their website advises to ignore it.

I worried about this lots and so far i have ignored it, not sure if i will have the will power to ignore it when they send the courts letters... however nearly all advice is that they will not pursue it enough to take you to court... i don't know if i am brave enough to take the risk of a CCJ on my credit file. ... we'll see...

I also agree that £80 is very high and thought it was about £40 i probably would have paid it straight away no quibble, but £80 just before xmas is pretty harsh! :-(

I have a ticket for parking at centerainment. There were no corns out to say you could park on verge.

corns??? cones? there wern't any cones out to say you could park on the verge?

eh?!?!

yeah cones ha ha. We parked on the verge after someone had left and there were no parking cones to say you couldn't as some of the bays had been taken up by ice been piled up. There were other cars on the verge as well but with no tickets.

My main question is how do i stand with the ticket do i pay the £80 fine?

There were no cones so you parked there?

I don't follow, I imagine there were no cones in front of the doors either, and that would have been closer to the building.

There were no cones so you parked there?

I don't follow, I imagine there were no cones in front of the doors either, and that would have been closer to the building.

hahahaaaaa :hihi::hihi::thumbsup::thumbsup: