The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Don't think many reputable guys will give you a ball park figure as the price can vary depending on whats done, type of boiler etc...With all the new regulations a new combi (which is what you need if you are thinking of getting rid of the tanks) may not fit where the old one currently is.

As i said price could be from £2k to £4k.

Lots of the guys on here will be prepared to come out and give you a free quote....plus you will also get free invaluable advice

Ok cheers

Well if anyone want to IM me with there details ill more than happy have them come and quote.

Note it probably wont be till late next week though need to arrange a few other things first

No problem. Remember to get a minimum of 3 written quotes so that you can sit down with a brew and compare them.

The heart of your system is definately the boiler so buy the best you can afford. Even though you are fitting new radiators, make sure the system is properly powerflushed and install a magnaclean.

Andy

Cheers thanks very much for the advice its really appreciated :D

Cheers thanks very much for the advice its really appreciated :D

HI I can quote you for this work plenty of references of the forum if required

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good Wireless Digital Room Thermostat? Nothing fancy. I would also be looking for someone to fit it too

Thanks

Honeywell not cheap but the best. you'd be better using an electrician for this plenty on here

HI I can quote you for this work plenty of references of the forum if required

Cheers will keep your number and give you a ring probably early next week to arrange a time

Honeywell not cheap but the best. you'd be better using an electrician for this plenty on here

Any model numbers you know off that are/is good?

honeywell CM927

Was just about to post the same. I've got the Honeywell CM907 (wired version) cos wiring wasn't a problem where it's located, but I sure was tempted by the CM927. Not cheap but the best on the market imho.

I have a Baxi combi boiler about 4 yrs old, just recently when we turn on the hot water tap the bolier doesn't kick in and heat the water I have to goto the boiler and move the preheat setting back to off and then back on so the boiler fires up. Any I deas?

If everything is Ok on heating then probably the diaphragm in the domestic hot water assembly. However, pcb's on Baxi's, especially the 105's can be a bit temperamental and it could also be a board fault.

Best bet is to get someone to look. If it is the dhw assembly the engineer will spot it in less than a minute