The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Thanks for the messages guys and gals; you have been really helpful to give me an idea what it would be like and how much it may cost for this kind of work. I might PM some of you who have mentioned it in case. However, Im waiting for a couple more quotes and will decide after that.

Your help much appreciated.

Thanks for the messages guys and gals; you have been really helpful to give me an idea what it would be like and how much it may cost for this kind of work. I might PM some of you who have mentioned it in case. However, Im waiting for a couple more quotes and will decide after that.

Your help much appreciated.

My neighbour in Lancashire is having his old boiler removed and cylinder in the loft removed and replacing with a combi boiler..his house is a 3 bed detached

all for £1152 and work commences next week and will take 2/3 days

My neighbour in Lancashire is having his old boiler removed and cylinder in the loft removed and replacing with a combi boiler..his house is a 3 bed detached

all for £1152 and work commences next week and will take 2/3 days

This sounds very cheap - 3 ques though:

1. is he a relative/friend and is it boiler + labour quote?

2. which boiler are they using(worcester-bosch)?

3. is he corgi registered?

Only just started using Sheffield Forum, so can't PM yet which is frustrating because I'd really like to find out contact details of recommendations!

We've just bought a house on Abbeydale Road and to our horror have had the Boiler condemned. Ouch. We've been quoted £2100 so far. Will try Heating Solutions, but any other recommendations would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Only just started using Sheffield Forum, so can't PM yet which is frustrating because I'd really like to find out contact details of recommendations!

We've just bought a house on Abbeydale Road and to our horror have had the Boiler condemned. Ouch. We've been quoted £2100 so far. Will try Heating Solutions, but any other recommendations would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

This is the problem we have today.

Since corgi was given the iron fist, it has become far too easy to do this kind of trickery

Do you have concrete reasons that the boiler is dangerous?

It is probably something that the gas fitter has never seen before, and is therefore just trying to make a fast buck.

IMO far from improving safety, the current regulations are just breeding get rich boys, who are trying to blind people with arcane knowledge.

Dont forget, the regulations only apply to the transport and combustion of gas.

All the rest of the heating system or whatever is not covered.

If you are paying top rate for corgi people to put radiators etc. in, you are being ripped off.

I am a corgi registered fitter, and seeing some of the people working in this industry is shocking. Half of them are fly by nights. :(

Hi, Can anyone recommend one, need our gas fire servicing.

Thanks

Stuart Hampton on 0114 2853476 or (mobile) 0777 355 6081.

He is Corgi Regd (123407) and a long-standing customer of ours (HFS Bathroom Centre, Barber Road - 2662549).

We pass on a lot of work to him. He also installed my own boiler and gas stove.

Any probs, further info, PM me.

Dave.

I can recommend one as i have just used him and hid did a very good job

heating solutions 0114 2472764 mob07738004994

Can anyone here recommend Birtles of Meersbrook, or not?

They've given us a quote of £2000 to fit a new Combi boiler, get rid of a dodgy gas fire, and rid us of our hot water tank. The house is very big (on 3 floors) and the boiler is a Potterton/Baxi.

Is this reasonable though?

And they want a deposit of half the 2 grand up front too. Is this standard practice?

Cheers.

DL Gas services, very reliable and honest

D L Gas Services 07787720930 or 2210013.