The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

have you got a recent gas safety certificate you have had done

Hi, yeah got one done last week and all was good. Now they have come back with this

Very odd not had that before, did the installer fill in the boiler Commissioning part in the boiler book at the back.

Did the boiler get fitted into a new built Home Extension or into the existing house.

Sounds to me like someone is trying to be a little difficult.

Hi jon

Its a boiler you done the service on last week (thanks!!)

The book seems to have gone awol and the boiler is in an old terrace house. Must admit im not even sure what the insurance liability will even cover given how long its been in

Thought so lol Justin did your service for you, sounds like someone is going over the top to me even more so when its been installed a long time ago.

If we can help with anything let me know you have my number cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

Our Glow Worm has started faulting. I find that switching it on and off several times eventually gets it to start with a funny sound (like "urrrrrrgg...urrrrgg...etc etc etc up to 10 or more times, then silence, then it fires up). What can it be, and who would be good to mend it if this continues?

Our Glow Worm has started faulting. I find that switching it on and off several times eventually gets it to start with a funny sound (like "urrrrrrgg...urrrrgg...etc etc etc up to 10 or more times, then silence, then it fires up). What can it be, and who would be good to mend it if this continues?

Happy to take a look for you but cant be sure of the fault without checking the boiler first could be loads of things, does the boiler try to ignite every time cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

Thanks speleo1 for recommending.

Edited by JBradleybz
info

Quick question here for the experts.

Is it likely that if the pump does not turn off though the timer for our water (not tried heating yet but could also be affected) does, there is a problem with the pump overrun boiler thermostat.?

I know we have had this problem before - pump was running but timer had ended for heating water.

I have had the valves replaced may be a 18 months ago now so do not think it is them- what i did do is just push the black switch across few times and let it go back itself and sometimes it switches the pump off.

Boiler is old, it will be the same one when house was built 1999.

Hi

Does anybody know where i can get a Baxi combi boiler model number DUO-TEC 24KW at a reasonable price in the sheffield area?

thanks in advance

Vanessa xx

Noo Noo try plumbco woodbourn road sheff 9 got our Baxi fro:thumbsup:m there

Hi

Does anybody know where i can get a Baxi combi boiler model number DUO-TEC 24KW at a reasonable price in the sheffield area?

thanks in advance

Vanessa xx

Try AC bathrooms at Crooks

Scott

---------- Post added 16-05-2013 at 18:41 ----------

Quick question here for the experts.

Is it likely that if the pump does not turn off though the timer for our water (not tried heating yet but could also be affected) does, there is a problem with the pump overrun boiler thermostat.?

I know we have had this problem before - pump was running but timer had ended for heating water.

I have had the valves replaced may be a 18 months ago now so do not think it is them- what i did do is just push the black switch across few times and let it go back itself and sometimes it switches the pump off.

Boiler is old, it will be the same one when house was built 1999.

Hi please give me a call for advice

Scott 07875633464